Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Poodle mix of some sort. She kinda looks like a 17 lb labradoodle, but seems like terrier is the other part
What I thought.
We are going to try a mostly poodle mixed with a cocker spaniel. We need a very gentle dog for our granddaughter who has been bitten twice on the face by a dog.
Want the poodle part to keep down the shedding.
A full poodle might be the smartest one of us in the house.

What I thought.
We are going to try a mostly poodle mixed with a cocker spaniel. We need a very gentle dog for our granddaughter who has been bitten twice on the face by a dog.
Want the poodle part to keep down the shedding.
A full poodle might be the smartest one of us in the house.

Poodles are great but they're too froofy looking for me. Poodle mix is a happy medium.

Reactions: VolNExile
My thoughts exactly. The natural cut on a poodle isn't so bad. It's those puff balls and shaving on them that sucks. How can you do that to a sporting dog?

Reactions: VolNExile
They came to us from the local dog shelter, Misses (Lhasa Apso) and Mr. (Shih Tzu). We were told they were likely abandoned and had been at the shelter for 2 weeks. We took them home... they were in rough shape and had to have some work done to get them healthy.

We learned quickly that they were runners... and were not really keen on staying with us... so when they had the chance it was taken, they ran, but we could always find them as the neighbors pointed the way. After the 3rd break out by Mr. (Missed stayed behind), I took out after him, and when I finally guessed at his route, I met him trotting back to the house and into my arms. He finally figured it out and running was now a thing of the past.

We had them in our lives for wonderful 5 years... this week they both passed on, within 2 days of each other. We are heart broken to say the least... man the sense of loss is so strong. But they came to us as a pair and they left the same way... will be missed big time.

Last edited:
They came to us from the local dog shelter, Misses (Lhasa Apso) and Mr. (Shih Tzu). We were told they were likely abandoned and had been at the shelter for 2 weeks. We took them home... they were in rough shape and had to have some work done to get them healthy.

We learned quickly that they were runners... and were not really keen on staying with us... so when they had the chance it was taken, they ran, but we could always find them as the neighbors pointed the way. After the 3rd break out by Mr. (Missed stayed behind), I took out after him, and when I finally guessed at his route, I met him trotting back to the house and into my arms. He finally figured it out and running was now a thing of the past.

We had them in our lives for wonderful 5 years... this week they both passed on, within 2 days of each other. We are heart broken to say the least... man the sense of loss is so strong. But then came to us as a pair and they left the same way... will be missed big time.

Sorry to hear this.
Sorry for your loss

VN Store

Back