Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

In 1977, I was living on Laurel Ave in Knoxville. A short haired black mutt showed up in my yard. It wasn’t one I knew from the neighbors, and it was beset by numerous ticks. I brought out the cooking oil and proceeded to remove the ticks. At first, it was skittish, but when it realized what I was doing, it settled down and let me work. Freed of ticks, it trotted off happier for meeting me.

In 1977, I was living on Laurel Ave in Knoxville. A short haired black mutt showed up in my yard. It wasn’t one I knew from the neighbors, and it was beset by numerous ticks. I brought out the cooking oil and proceeded to remove the ticks. At first, it was skittish, but when it realized what I was doing, it settled down and let me work. Freed of ticks, it trotted off happier for meeting me.
I was in that neck of the woods in 77, usually at Alice's restaurant on the strip or Dan and Gracie's Tavern and then sometimes Flanagan's

Reactions: Tin Man
Another Successful Coon Dog Day in Saluda. It was awesome! And there was some sort of divine intervention for the festival... There was a 90% chance of rain all day. Everyone was preparing for it. Turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. The final event was the concert and street dance from 8-11 pm Sat. night. At 11:30 pm it started raining and did not stop until Monday morning lol.

Banner.jpgCrowd1.jpgCrowd2.jpgGathering.jpgShirt.jpgTara.jpgTuckered.jpg

Another Successful Coon Dog Day in Saluda. It was awesome! And there was some sort of divine intervention for the festival... There was a 90% chance of rain all day. Everyone was preparing for it. Turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. The final event was the concert and street dance from 8-11 pm Sat. night. At 11:30 pm it started raining and did not stop until Monday morning lol.

View attachment 472142View attachment 472143View attachment 472144View attachment 472145View attachment 472146View attachment 472147View attachment 472148
I can hear them from here!

“Yort! Yort! Yort!”

View attachment 472142View attachment 472143View attachment 472144View attachment 472145View attachment 472146View attachment 472147View attachment 472148
I used to train coon dogs.They were the most loyal dogs. It could be hot or below freezing and they would still get out and run.

The highlight of the day was the treeing competition. They spray scent on a stuffed raccoon (they used a real raccoon for 50 years up until this year) and yank it with a rope to the top of a tree. The dog that gets the most barks out in 30 seconds is the winner. That was awesome!

VN Store

Back