Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Tara Dog has come a long way since I got her. She had been abused and malnourished (starved probably) and showed signs of possibly being attacked by other dogs. The pound I took her to first (she was a stray I picked up on base) said she was too far gone and would never adopt. They were ready to put her down immediately...

"Give me the dog back."

Vet gave her a week to live since they weren't even sure she could be saved.

"Let me give it a try."

This was her the first week I had her.

View attachment 468085

So, yes, I could possibly see that.

But here we are a decade later:

View attachment 468086

And she's been my best buddy since then. Don't ever let someone tell you an animal doesn't have the will to live. She defied the odds because she got a home to be loved in and a family to be a part of. And provided my joy ever since that scorching hot day she came into my life.
Love those damn radar ears and darn if Hiro doesn't use them and if snout for pure mischief chasing critters..

She knows the sound of the different cabinets opening. Like she knows when I'm opening the dish cabinet compared to her treat cabinet.
It's amazing how smart they can be. Cocoa sees us constantly in and out leaving, but if we're going on a trip, she knows we're leaving for several days. If she sees a suitcase, she'll cry when I walk out the door for anything. I usually load up the night before we leave, she'll pitch a fit if we go outside after I'm done loading the van.

It's amazing how smart they can be. Cocoa sees us constantly in and out leaving, but if we're going on a trip, she knows we're leaving for several days. If she sees a suitcase, she'll cry when I walk out the door for anything. I usually load up the night before we leave, she'll pitch a fit if we go outside after I'm done loading the van.
I agree 100% as to how smart and intuitive they can be.
When I take Chloe to see customers, she will lay down away from foot traffic.
If I go outside to get a sample she stays put. However, when I start to leave, she jumps up and heads to the door.
She is fully aware of the subtle nuances in my body language when I am leaving versus just going to my car to get something.

Anyone else have cats who hate fireworks? It’s one of the few times that she will voluntarily come huddle with us. She’s as bad as a dog, minus the panting and whining.

Of course, she was a Memphis rescue cat (6+ months in a cage at Shelby County Humane Society before my soft-hearted mother took her on.) So maybe she has a reason to get alarmed at what sounds like gunfire. 👀

Yea he’s going to be fine. He’s got a drain tube in one of his cuts, I’ve got to take him back in a week for a check up. Just hated leaving him overnight. I’m married with 3 kids and every one of us was worrying about him. He’s part of the family
Absolutely.....

Y'all, my brother is a widower and lives alone, and this morning he lost his only dog.

Bert was one tough little country dog. He was a short-legged, long-haired, pit bull mix. That we know of, he killed 17 skunks, at least one groundhog, fought a large male coyote to a draw. He ate half a bar of rat poison and survived that. He lost sight in one eye when he took a .22 richochet on the brow. Got hit by cars twice but then the third one finally got him, though he hung on and tried to rally. Here's to tough li'l Bert! Brother Mark will miss him.

Y'all, my brother is a widower and lives alone, and this morning he lost his only dog.

Bert was one tough little country dog. He was a short-legged, long-haired, pit bull mix. That we know of, he killed 17 skunks, at least one groundhog, fought a large male coyote to a draw. He ate half a bar of rat poison and survived that. He lost sight in one eye when he took a .22 richochet on the brow. Got hit by cars twice but then the third one finally got him, though he hung on and tried to rally. Here's to tough li'l Bert! Brother Mark will miss him.
Tough to lose your best bud.
Breaks your heart.
Old Bert must have been part cat. Nine lives at least.
Having cleaned my babies from skunk encounters, it took great love from Mark to do it 17 times.

Awwh sorry to hear that, prayers for your brother and maybe in a little while he can get another dog, not to replace Bert, because you never can, but a new dog so he can have some
company again and someone to look after.

VN Store

Back