Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

@goldenvol Maddux never chewed the house until one day we had a picture fall and take a chunk out of the baseboard. That was just enough to get him curious and start picking at it, now it's something I have to be aware of all the time. If he's out of my sight for more than five minutes I go find him and start inspecting the trim wherever he's been. If he ever gets the notion to chew random spots on the wall he's going to end up on the Volnation List thread.

@goldenvol Maddux never chewed the house until one day we had a picture fall and take a chunk out of the baseboard. That was just enough to get him curious and start picking at it, now it's something I have to be aware of all the time. If he's out of my sight for more than five minutes I go find him and start inspecting the trim wherever he's been. If he ever gets the notion to chew random spots on the wall he's going to end up on the Volnation List thread.

It was a good thing I was at work when my wife sent me the picture. I had time to calm down before I got home.

It's sad but I have to cage him now everytime I leave the room for any significant amount of time.

It was a good thing I was at work when my wife sent me the picture. I had time to calm down before I got home.

It's sad but I have to cage him now everytime I leave the room for any significant amount of time.
Yep. If I'm going to spend an hour in the office he gets locked up. But I always make up for it after the fact with a treat or a walk. One day they'll settle, my friend. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. How old is Knox?

View attachment 331475

To say I'm unhappy with Knox is an understatement. For some reason he decided to eat a hole in the wall.

Has anyone else had a wall eating event ?
Yes.
I had a boxer that was a sheet rock eater.
We cured her by painting the spot she ate with tobacco sauce then took her over to the spot pulled off a small chunk and put it in her mouth. It happened once more. Tobacco again and it never happened after that.

Yep. If I'm going to spend an hour in the office he gets locked up. But I always make up for it after the fact with a treat or a walk. One day they'll settle, my friend. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. How old is Knox?

9 months old and not neutered yet. Gonna do that after the 1st of the year.

Yes.
I had a boxer that was a sheet rock eater.
We cured her by painting the spot she ate with tobacco sauce then took her over to the spot pulled off a small chunk and put it in her mouth. It happened once more. Tobacco again and it never happened after that.

I was wondering a deterrent might work

Reactions: Vjcvette
31842334-788b-4c3b-a0cf-161233c4baf0-jpeg.332823

Emma cat “helping” with household chores

Attachments

• 31842334-788B-4C3B-A0CF-161233C4BAF0.jpeg
    31842334-788B-4C3B-A0CF-161233C4BAF0.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 113

VN Store

Back