Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

What breed of dog is Piper? She looks just like my dog Maggie that passed away. I rescued her from the Animal Shelter and they didn't know what she was. Thanks for any help. I would love to have another one like her.
Not sure since she's a rescue. She looks a lot like a Havanese though.

Reactions: goldenvol
If for whatever reason you need one in the future, we have a great breeder we buy from in west TN.
Thanks! In hindsight, I should have sent out the bat signal back when we first started the search.

We will probably be on the hunt again in the next two years and will keep you in mind.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Tough day today. My dog ellie had to get emergency surgery today. She had been nauseated a lot the last couole of days and then vomiting and not eating so took her in to the vet. They ran a bunch of test then suggested x-rays because they thought she had a foreign object in her GI. X-rays showed what they thought was "stacking" in the GI so they said she needed surgery and asap. So took her to the surgery facility here (I see why this **** costs an arm and a leg) and they opened her up through her abdomen but determined there was no foreign object. Thats a good thing, but cost 4k to find out that answer for sure lol. She's got "garbage gut" not sure thats the medical term and I'm not sure where she would have eaten something bad, she's watched pretty well. Anyway she will have to spend the night at this facility to recover and ill get her tomorrow. I've been blessed that I have never had to experience my child (adult now) go through a scary situation like that. I imagine it feels just like it did today with my furry child.

Tough day today. My dog ellie had to get emergency surgery today. She had been nauseated a lot the last couole of days and then vomiting and not eating so took her in to the vet. They ran a bunch of test then suggested x-rays because they thought she had a foreign object in her GI. X-rays showed what they thought was "stacking" in the GI so they said she needed surgery and asap. So took her to the surgery facility here (I see why this **** costs an arm and a leg) and they opened her up through her abdomen but determined there was no foreign object. Thats a good thing, but cost 4k to find out that answer for sure lol. She's got "garbage gut" not sure thats the medical term and I'm not sure where she would have eaten something bad, she's watched pretty well. Anyway she will have to spend the night at this facility to recover and ill get her tomorrow. I've been blessed that I have never had to experience my child (adult now) go through a scary situation like that. I imagine it feels just like it did today with my furry child.
Ugh, that's no fun. Hopefully it all resolves itself. I'm glad they didn't find anything. Do you have another dog eating the same food? Bad batch maybe?

Hoping for a fast and full recovery.

Reactions: Vjcvette
Ugh, that's no fun. Hopefully it all resolves itself. I'm glad they didn't find anything. Do you have another dog eating the same food? Bad batch maybe?
Appreciate that

No, just her, have no idea what she had eaten. I did give her new from the package raw chicken boneless, skinless chicken breast right before all this started, so could have been that. Thought and had read it was ok for dogs, but may have made a mistake.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back