Does TN Admin Really Want NCAA Investigation Resolved Before Signing Day?

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees
I am starting to doubt it. The uncertainty gives them cover and the ability to blame shift for all kinds of stuff (transfers, recruiting, hiring, donations, etc.).

Yes. Shifting blame is more important to everyone in the program than becoming (and being associated with) winners, enhancing their resumes with achievements so that their next job pays more and carries more prestige, filling that stadium, increasing revenues, and having any pride at all in their own work.

The UT admin has no control over the NCAA's timetable so your conspiracy theory has no basis.

This! Plus, the NCAA just a few months ago was bent over by the court system. They are in full panic mode. Doubt they are even tho king of our investigation right now. I think Danny is waiting out the season. Once we can't go to a bowl or the bowl is the Birmingham Bowl, he will probably offer a 1 year bowl ban and a scholly or two and the NCAA will probably take it due to all they have going on.

Yes we want this done . You’ve got every other team telling kids that we’re recruiting that we’re going to be hammered by the NCAA and you’re never going to a bowl game or play with other good players. They’re just making stuff up because they can. The unknown is so much more powerful than the actual punishment.
And if the NCAA comes back at us with a ridiculous punishment we should just tell them to F off and kick rocks.

I am starting to doubt it. The uncertainty gives them cover and the ability to blame shift for all kinds of stuff (transfers, recruiting, hiring, donations, etc.).
I get where you're coming from, but Danny White wants this behind him asap so they can hit harder on the recruiting trail. CJH and his staff have their hands tied as far as recruiting is concerned right now, because of the looming investigation.

Admin wants it finished. A very concerning statement was made last night. University lawyers are driving the bus on this. Not White. Not Plowman. Not Boyd.

Cant imagine what they are doing. What kind of legal crap takes this long? 9 months? If it just to get out of paying Pruitt this is crazy to sacrifice the football program for that. More to it imo.

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange
I said NCAA needs to just state. While wrong doing was done at TN, They self reported, fired the AD, coaching staff and had many of the scholarship players leave and spots not filled. Their actions are acceptable in lieu of the NCAA handing down punishment
Mark it as a blemish on their record and move on,
With NIL now even though it was a no no to do when we did it the NCAA knows other teams are paying they're not that stupid and to make a big fuss over it looks dumb now.
Also NCAA has to worry about these Power Conferences forming and pushing them out. They can negotiate their own tv deals, rules committees.

Admin wants it finished. A very concerning statement was made last night. University lawyers are driving the bus on this. Not White. Not Plowman. Not Boyd.

Cant imagine what they are doing. What kind of legal crap takes this long? 9 months? If it just to get out of paying Pruitt this is crazy to sacrifice the football program for that. More to it imo.
I’m sure they’ll claim that Covid has slowed the investigation, but the whole thing gets preposterous once it starts to affect a second recruiting class.

Reactions: TJSVOLS
ungug.jpg

Reactions: tnutater
As I said earlier...sue the NCAA. Take them for 200 million. They have no power to enforce anything against us and if they do attempt nail them. They have turned a blind eye to LSU and to Kansas (just for starters). If they punish us for doing everything right on this end and let everyone else go...then Tennessee can make themselves the nail in the NCAA coffin.

Reactions: Wireless1
It's absurd to have been dragged on this long. GOOD GRIEF, if you don't have the facts now you never will!!! This is why the NCAA gets a bad name they penalize way after the fact and the ones involved are long gone and get nada!!!! GBO!!!!!!!

As I said earlier...sue the NCAA. Take them for 200 million. They have no power to enforce anything against us and if they do attempt nail them. They have turned a blind eye to LSU and to Kansas (just for starters). If they punish us for doing everything right on this end and let everyone else go...then Tennessee can make themselves the nail in the NCAA coffin.
If they do that Tennessee should take them to court where they would win. Good grief even the nations highest court voted 9-0 on the ncaa and there are folks on that board that rarely agree with each other at all. For the supreme court to vote 9-0 on you, you not very well thought of. If they did go with a hard ruling on UT which I don't see how in haiti they can, UT is stupid if they don't take them to court after all the other hand slaps for things folks got caught red handed for. To heck with getting a bad wrap and just taking it!!!! GBO!!!!

White should just get approval from Greg Sankey and move on. Tell the NCAA they had their chance.
Sankey wants the SEC as strong as possible, and as much bowl revenue as possible, so he should tell us "time served"
Yup.
We've already punished ourselves enough and the $$ issue is no longer a valid one and they didn't punish other teams harshly.
Time to move on

Reactions: Wireless1
The UT admin has no control over the NCAA's timetable so your conspiracy theory has no basis.
That's exactly what they want you to think. That's the beauty of any conspiracy. The appearance of a logical and sensible explanation is the greatest proof it's a conspiracy. This one is likely orchestrated by the Illuminati and Putin, has all their fingerprints on it.

I don't understand what the hell is taking so long. We confirmed it happened, told the world it happened, fired staff and cited it has the reason, provided full transparency, and the NCAA is all "We better take our time on this one."
This needs to be settled. It will be a weapon recruiting until we can start moving past it.

We are in the early stages still by NCAA timelines. These things normally take a couple of years or longer. The Reggie Bush stuff came out in 2007 and the NCAA investigation finished in 2010. The second phase of the UNC NCAA investigation started in 2014 and ended in 2017. That after the first phase started in 2010 and ended in 2013. The current investigation that started 3 years ago against LSU, was just extended past the July 31st deadline the NCAA had given.

This! Plus, the NCAA just a few months ago was bent over by the court system. They are in full panic mode. Doubt they are even tho king of our investigation right now. I think Danny is waiting out the season. Once we can't go to a bowl or the bowl is the Birmingham Bowl, he will probably offer a 1 year bowl ban and a scholly or two and the NCAA will probably take it due to all they have going on.
Make the bowl ban retroactive to last year

Wait until the NCAA meeting in mid October to get a sense of what’s coming down, then UT should make their move.

UT’s administration doesn’t care about the football program how is that not obvious by now to you guys now after 12 plus years of the garbage that is trotted out every season at Neyland

VN Store

Back