Does TN Admin Really Want NCAA Investigation Resolved Before Signing Day?

Has any major NCAA investigation ever been resolved within 1 year? I don't remember one moving that fast, at least not this century. I think the hopes it would be resolved that quickly were probably always, wishful thinking. The bottom line is the school can't force the NCAA to do anything.

That's exactly what they want you to think. That's the beauty of any conspiracy. The appearance of a logical and sensible explanation is the greatest proof it's a conspiracy. This one is likely orchestrated by the Illuminati and Putin, has all their fingerprints on it.
Maybe John F. Kennedy, Jr. will come out of hiding to lead the charge. He will run out through the T at the Vandy game and reveal that Mark Emmett and Danny White are lovers and White's father was the shooter on the grassy knoll and Emmert's father was the dude with the umbrella and they planned it all with Ted Cruz's dad.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
As I said earlier...sue the NCAA. Take them for 200 million. They have no power to enforce anything against us and if they do attempt nail them. They have turned a blind eye to LSU and to Kansas (just for starters). If they punish us for doing everything right on this end and let everyone else go...then Tennessee can make themselves the nail in the NCAA coffin.

Ok, great. Say you win and get a $200 million judgement. Appeals will take years-and years. Maybe you get $20 million-minus attorney fees of course.

So maybe in ten years, the university gets $13 million. By that point, another decade of poor UT football due to all the lawsuit crap hanging over our heads. I am sure the powers that be would then take the $13 million and do something really brilliant-like making UT the world leader into research of lesbian frogs.

Sadly, this is one of those situations in life where the wisest move is to exercise some patience and see what happens.

Reactions: eaglevol
This isnā€™t the NCAA, this is still the University side, although they say they are giving everything to the NCAA. The problem is they kept finding more stuff. This was a whole lot bigger than people are aware of yet. Basically we had lots of people doing lots of bad things, and our compliance dept, who are supposed to keep people on the straight and narrow, had their hands in all of it. Basically everyone from the AD down were dirty

Admin is losing lawsuit, they want to string this investigation out for a long time, they messed up and know it now. Pruitt is getting buyout and some. GBO VFL

Admin is losing lawsuit, they want to string this investigation out for a long time, they messed up and know it now. Pruitt is getting buyout and some. GBO VFL
Where did you see that Pruitt has filed suit. I missed that news if that has happpened.

Would not be surprised if some high level staff are fired. I know a lot of times they'll axe anyone involved at all, guilty or not to be honest, at least that's the way Tennessee junior colleges work and that's a fact.

Has any major NCAA investigation ever been resolved within 1 year? I don't remember one moving that fast, at least not this century. I think the hopes it would be resolved that quickly were probably always, wishful thinking. The bottom line is the school can't force the NCAA to do anything.
That doesn't make it right, there needs to be a body that works faster. Everybody is tired of the NCAA dragging and dragging and slapping when they have a big dog and hammering smaller schools. They are outdated with too many silly rules, I could go on about the NCAA forever and not about too take up for them in anything. I agree we have to have a governing body. A fair board that is designed to work much faster. College football deserves it, the NCAA cannot keep going like it is. There is no use punishing colleges and players 3-5 years after the fact and the ones that did it are long gone. They need to start punishing the coach or player or whomever is involved and not drag a entire football team and school with it years after the fact. A year is plenty long enough to find the facts if you are truly doing your job. GBO!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Offset Eye
Maybe John F. Kennedy, Jr. will come out of hiding to lead the charge. He will run out through the T at the Vandy game and reveal that Mark Emmett and Danny White are lovers and White's father was the shooter on the grassy knoll and Emmert's father was the dude with the umbrella and they planned it all with Ted Cruz's dad.

Now this is how you do a conspiracy theory. And after all this the NCAA is still doing nothing.

We want this thing closed out and done ASAP. Put it behind us while we try to rebuild....

Typically schools get hammered when there are findings consistent with "lack of institutional control." Given we self reported and did not try to hide it we may get a relatively mild punishment. Fact is no one knows, probably not even DW, outside of worst/best case is for the infractions.

If the NCAA finds something we didn't or that we tried to sweep under the rug things would then get real fugly....

Iā€™m sure White wishes he could slip em a hundo and make em go away before signing day.

That rehab program down there at redstone arsenal in alabamer didn't work. You said you WOULD NOT freebase cocaine, and I believe you pulled out that pipe. You realize you're waving that checkered flag into hell, don't you?
(i've listened to that 1000 times..lol)

For those that don't understand..

Paying lawyers a million dollars to investigate themselves and do all the work for the NCAA seems like a perfectly TN thing to do.

Reactions: murfvol1
That rehab program down there at redstone arsenal in alabamer didn't work. You said you WOULD NOT freebase cocaine, and I believe you pulled out that pipe. You realize you're waving that checkered flag into hell, don't you?
(i've listened to that 1000 times..lol)

For those that don't understand..

Me and my girlfriend Sally, we party now, we will party...

Me and my girlfriend Sally, we party now, we will party...
Don't get me started talking about that smoky white devil (which is no longer a part of my life). This thread doesn't deserve to be highjacked. By the way, I live 3 miles from that Redstone Arsenal down there is Alabamer.

Don't get me started talking about that smoky white devil (which is no longer a part of my life). This thread doesn't deserve to be highjacked. By the way, I live 3 miles from that Redstone Arsenal down there is Alabamer.
With them people heppin' me no tellings what I could accomplish (besides no longer freebasing cocaine, which I don't do, I don't touch it).

Reactions: ptcarter
Like somebody said earlier having too wait for the ruling is part of the punishment. And in reality it is, because until it's finally over it's a dark cloud there. We just got to ride it out! GBO!!!!!

Kids don't care as much about sanctions or bowl bans as we think they do. The sanctions aren't going to cross their mind really. This was stated by multiple high school coaches regarding what players thought about UT. Can't remember who did the interview

This whole thing is just ridiculous. This is going to end up costing far more than to have just fired Pruitt and had him go away.

Having Pruitt as coach for 3 years should be punishment enough with 3 years time served.. If they don't buy it have them listen to his interviews or press conferences.

VN Store

Back