Does this pic of Kelly remind anyone of Pat?

GoBigOrange2008

10723714.jpg

I wouldn't go so far as to say Kellie looks like Pat, but certainly there are times they have a similar look on their faces when they are intensely focused. And there are definitely times we can hear the same Middle Tennessee accent and phrasing. Kellie's quite a bit "softer" in her overall presence than Pat, if that makes sense, but at 44 years old, is still developing her presence.

That's way more than you asked for, as usual! lol

She's got a lot of Pat in her. This is a pose Pat made with many players, and it reminds me of a picture of Pat and Candace during a game. But actually, many other coaches have made this pose with their players, like it just happens naturally - coach speaks, player leans in to listen. One "Pat" thing I noticed just yesterday is that the tats are still covered up.

There are times in her press conferences I hear Pat in her voice. The accent is definitely not far off from Pat's middle Tennessee dialect. She uses a lot of the same words explaining the game of basketball as well. That's to be expected with 4 years of Pat drilling it into her head. I wish she would sometimes be tougher, but I know even Geno said today's athletes can't take that kind of coaching. They will just pack up and enter the transfer portal if you hurt their feelings. Kellie is doing an amazing job keeping a team that is not a very good shooting team, winning with defense and rebounding. This along with the loss of Burrell makes this coaching job even more impressive. Pat always said shots will fall one day and miss the next, but there is no excuse for not playing defense and rebounding . She would be proud of Kellie and this Lady Vol team!

VN Store

Back