Does the recent play get us in on an Elite “23 QB?

You don't have to be an NFL caliber quarterback to win in college. Cough....Tebow

QB isn’t one of our most pressing needs recruiting, and we already have a borderline blue chip QB committed. Jackson has a huge ceiling.

Arch Manning talk needs to die.
He’s in the 22 class. This thread asks about 2023. We’re already “in it” for Dante Moore and Avery Johnson (not both in the same class of course) and Nicholas Iamaleava visited so there’s some headway. That’s the 3rd, 8th and 4th ranked (247) prospects in order of mention. I doubt this staff is even wasting a phone call with Arch. Sometimes they need to express some interest for you to do so.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
If Rattler decides to transfer, I'd love to see what Heupel could do with him.

Plus it would be nice to snag a Sooner or 2 since they nabbed 3 of our guys.

I think if you are a Blue Chip HS Qb you have to take notice on what Heupel has done? This year is an affirmation of what he’s done in the past is not a fluke. Thoughts?

depends on outcome of the investigation. Plus, he has put up similar numbers since he was the OC at Missouri and never got an elite QB.. Not sure he needs one

depends on outcome of the investigation. Plus, he has put up similar numbers since he was the OC at Missouri and never got an elite QB.. Not sure he needs one
Tend to agree but he has never had the resources as a head coach to have that luxury. I share your opinion for once in a very long time we have a qb developer

The problem isn’t that Heupel can score and roll up stats with his offense. He hasn’t shown he can consistently get QB’s to the next level. In his defense, that’s not his job and he has to play and coach with the players he has in the present. I sorta consider his offense akin to Leach’s at Tech where every QB was rolling up tons of stats but not one QB was noticeable to get to next level. Graham Harrell was prolly the best QB but he wasn’t like an eye opening prospect.

Sam Bradford & Drew Lock say “hello”

The only school consistently putting guys into the NFL is Oklahoma, which did this with 3 transfer QBs. Heupel developed Bradford, Landry Jones, and Drew Lock into high NFL draft picks. That’s better than anyone we’ve had since Cutcliffe. And Heupel is a much better play caller. He’s right there with Spurrier and Kiffin.

Alabama has put 2 1st rounders in the NFL but they’ve accomplished nothing in the NFL so far. Much like Ohio st (which also did it with one transfer), their offensive talent makes it hard to evaluate QBs for the NFL. When you can go games without having to hurry a throw, and your guys are wide open, that’s not how the NFL works. Mullen has gotten several guys drafted, from Jacobs at Bowling Greek to Alex Smith, Tebow, Prescott, and Trask. He and Riley are probably the only guys I’d put above Heupel at developing QBs.

Hooker has started 4 games in a brand new system and he is in the top 5 in passing efficiency. I’d say that’s coaching.

That'll preach.

So 2 QB's out of 15 years? Coaching QB's, OC, or Head Coach? Such a pipeline he has

I left out Landry Jones also. So 3 QBs in about 13 years. Bradford was the #1 pick and Lock a fellow first rounder.

If Rattler decides to transfer, I'd love to see what Heupel could do with him.

Plus it would be nice to snag a Sooner or 2 since they nabbed 3 of our guys.
No thanks I didn't like that kid on QB1, his attitude is sh1t. There is a reason they pulled him. No thanks we have pur QB1

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
I doubt Tennessee could sign him if Cut was here......I dont think he goes to Ole Miss either
UT is not in the picture. The Mannings have won everything but a Heisman and a NC. I think it's down to Bama, GA, and TX.

Last edited:
Reactions: wmcovol

VN Store

Back