Does the blowout absolutely destroy any..

Yes it does. So you all need to Woo a whole lot more to compensate.

The coaching staff can use this to show a recruit how much they are needed and that they have a very good chance to start.

Reactions: 93AllvolSc
Unfortunately it likely will. We need to just hope and pray that the big time guys see the chance for early playing time and to be a part of rebuilding a once storied football program.

If I’m one of these big time players and I’m visiting during a game like today then I’d be thinking about how early I’ll get on the field and how I’d probably be stuck on the bench a while at a place like UGA or Bama, if I’d even get to se the field.

But sadly most of this generation would rather ride the bench, do nothing and hope to collect a ring rather than play and earn something.

Momentum we had with these big name recruit that visited? My thoughts are it just hurts us worse with all these Georgia commits here and they could be pushing the bulldogs on these other visitors. But as always.... View attachment 176695

I think it just proves we need help even more. The O Line was showcased tonight. The backhalf of the secondary has upperclassmen who suck. I honestly don’t see how it hurts for a coach’s first year.

It should help if there wanting early playing time. Imo. No better motivation for current players to be possibly recruited over!

If I’m one of these big time players and I’m visiting during a game like today then I’d be thinking about how early I’ll get on the field and how I’d probably be stuck on the bench a while at a place like UGA or Bama, if I’d even get to se the field.

But sadly most of this generation would rather ride the bench, do nothing and hope to collect a ring rather than play and earn something.
This thought has never made any sense to me. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc would not consistently recruit at a high rate if that was true. None of those teams tell recruits they will be riding the pine. They do tell them they have the opportunity to compete for their position as well as compete for championships. If playing time was a viable reason, cellar dwellers would rise up occasionally cause they would be mopping up top recruits on down years. Bama just had a field full of freshmen win the national championship. Clemson just booted an experienced quality QB for a freshman sensation. That's what the top competitive recruits want. An opportunity to compete for a job, a chance to win a national championship and to get prepared to be on an NFL draft board

Pruitt already said he plans to recruit like 25 players and a good portion of them will see instant playing time.

Crouch would be the only recruit that this loss might hurt us with, as he has indicated he want to wait on a rebuild to play for championships. He loves UT and the staff, but his final 3 are UT, Clemson, and Michigan, and neither of those 2 are going through the rebuild. If he believes UT's rebuild would be fast enough to at least win the East by the time he is a sophomore he might commit to UT, so finishing out at 8-5 would certainly have helped CJP make that case, but now I don't know. I don't think it will have any negative effect on any other recruits though. They know what the situation is this season; they are looking at the development of the current players, how the coaches are in practice, how the players interact with each other, and how the players and staff interact

Reactions: Tarkus
I think none of that makes much difference. Most of us get caught up in this stuff and take it personal. It’s not personal with coaches and players...ITS BUSINESS. If a kid thinks he can come in, play early, get coached up, and go to the next level quicker at one university over another with most variables being the same then that’s where he’s going (of course there will be exceptions). Jeremy doesn’t have to prove much to these kids. They KNOW what his creds are even if most of us here don’t. Thats why all these 5* are taking a peek at the Vols....That glare in their eyes is coming from all those NC rings Jeremy has...JMO

I don't think so. If anything it shows we have playing time available and the lack of talent and quality depth. Most players want to be apart of the class that helps turn it all around

Top flight guys don't care... they just go to best program and figure they'll play. I don't think Pruitt loses any he's solid with, but probably lost opportunity to turn some folks today. If Pruitt can coach them up this week, most will think we did marginally better than expected, and if we don't, he still beat 2 top 25 teams, so there's that. I think we'll have a top 12 class range, regardless, which isn't too bad. I just hate Vandy's historic matra being ours..."wait til next year..."

VN Store

Back