Does Tee ask to be interviewed for the head ball coach job?

Tee has been an assistant coach over 15 years and never had a smell of being a head coach. Doesn’t that tell you anything. Tee was in the right place at the right time in 1998, hence a street named after him.

right place and right time, didn't have a thing to do with the 3rd scramble he had to put the Vols in position to kick at game winning field goal against Florida, or the completion of 20+ plus passes to set a school record, or the pass to Peerless in the Fiesta Bowl, just to name a few examples. It seems like Tee and Jay are helping to hold this recruiting class and team together. Hope he stays in some capacity

Reactions: MiramarVol
Stop it with this T martin crap!! They've already said they wanted proven head coach

Tee has been an assistant coach over 15 years and never had a smell of being a head coach. Doesn’t that tell you anything. Tee was in the right place at the right time in 1998, hence a street named after him.
Absolutely right. People have this notion that a former player is always going to be a great coach and that a former UT player is the perfect choice. I thank Tee and Fulmer for their time at UT, but I hope we've seen the last of these guys in an official capacity at UT. Enough already.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
right place and right time, didn't have a thing to do with the 3rd scramble he had to put the Vols in position to kick at game winning field goal against Florida, or the completion of 20+ plus passes to set a school record, or the pass to Peerless in the Fiesta Bowl, just to name a few examples. It seems like Tee and Jay are helping to hold this recruiting class and team together. Hope he stays in some capacity
I can point out great plays every QB at Tennessee has made even Guarantano, doesn’t make them head coaching material.

I don’t think so, of course rumors are saying it’s a sitting coach which points to Kiffin or Chadwell or maybe Campbell

Wonder what our new ADs brother told him as his old boss at FAU. Left us and left him.. Can that be a positive? Risk/reward with an evil and arrogant genius is on the clock?

Tee isn’t a head coach. Will some school give him a shot? Possibly. But IMHO he doesn’t have the “stuff” to be a successful head coach.

the point was made "right place , right time", true in a lot of cases has nothing to do with athletic achievements
So you’re saying his supporting cast isn’t partly responsible for his individual achievements? Tennessee had as good of a roster as anyone on the country when Tee was quarterback. How good would Patrick Mahomes be without Tyreek Hill and Travis Kielce? How good would Tom Brady be without Gronk, and Randy Moss? What about Joe Montana/Jerry Rice? Yes, right place right time has a lot to do with athletic achievement.

VN Store

Back