Does Julian Phillips come back?

Votes: 27 9.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 177 61.2%
  • No

Votes: 85 29.4%

• Total voters

white65

He has top 10 potential if he came back and averaged 15 ppg.

He already is a borderline first round pick as is.

Springer, a UT one-and-doner and a first-round pick, is in his 2nd NBA season and I think averaging about 2 minutes a game.
Johnson, a UT one-and-doner and also a first-round pick in 2021, is also in his 2nd NBA season and averaging maybe 8 minutes a game.

This is what most one-and-doners actually do after being drafted on potential--sit on the bench. I've never understood why you'd give big, first-round contracts to guys who are not ready and won't be--if at all--for 2/3/4 years--but that's how the NBA rolls.

I have not seen him in many mocks, and a couple of the ones I saw him in were in the 50s. I think he should certainly come back, as I think he would be a lottery pick if he could average mid 30s at least from 3. Needs to improve his handle to create more for himself off the dribble. He certainly has the measurables, he's a good defender, great rebounder for his position. That's certainly enough for a team to take a chance on him. I still view him as a Kelly Oubre type player.

I saw this one and another where he wasn't even listed.

The Ringer's 2023 NBA Mock Draft

But he's going to test well at the combine, I can see him getting in the first round on potential more than results from this year.

Springer, a UT one-and-doner and a first-round pick, is in his 2nd NBA season and I think averaging about 2 minutes a game.
Johnson, a UT one-and-doner and also a first-round pick in 2021, is also in his 2nd NBA season and averaging maybe 8 minutes a game.

This is what most one-and-doners actually do after being drafted on potential--sit on the bench. I've never understood why you'd give big, first-round contracts to guys who are not ready and won't be--if at all--for 2/3/4 years--but that's how the NBA rolls.

Because they pay them peanuts compared to the rest of the league and are hands on with their development. Just like some freshmen take a couple of years to develop in college, so do young guys in the pros. Most teams drafting outside the lottery are playoff teams without the need for an instant impact guy anyway. They are looking for potential, knowing that the guy needs a couple of years.

Not saying you are wrong. I have not seen that on any mock drafts that I have looked at. Where are you seeing it?

Not sure why a team would draft him at this point. Probably should come back. Potential is there but needs to live up to it more on the offensive side of the ball

Reactions: Volfan1000

Why come back if your borderline first round. Barnes is not gonna get him nor the team any better next year ! Go my friend, really !!!!

Reactions: Caculator

VN Store

Back