Does it bother anyone else?

volsportsfan

knowledge puffeth up
Does it bother anyone else that the upcoming Packers Patriots game is being billed as the battle of the GOATS?

No doubt, both are in that conversation. But, what about Manning? What about Elway? What about Montana?

Is it that settled in the minds of insiders within the NFL, and within the minds of fans, that Rodgers and Brady are the best ever? Like with Jordan for instance. Pretty much everybody knows Jordan is the greatest. Is it the same way now with these two?

What am I missing? Manning leading Denver to a super bowl victory and the second of his career, with a noodle arm, did that not catapult him back into that conversation?

Elway winning two super bowls in is older age and dragging the broncos to numerous wins and super bowls throughout his career, to go along with the most talent we have ever seen at that position ( Rodgers is there with him though ), not enough to put him in that conversation?

Montana was Brady before Brady and his winning ways in the playoffs is tough to match. Is he not in that conversation?

I just don't think the goat of QBs, or of all the positions in the NFL ( for instance, I think belichick is on record saying Lawrence Taylor is the best player he has ever seen ), is as conclusive as some make it to be. It's not on par with Jordan in the NBA imo

Reactions: RollerVol
It's what the media does man. Just hyping it up.

I was thinking that maybe I was a victim of the, here and now, instant gratification, way of doing things. Still, if there is no consensus on who the goat is, dont be so wreckless/loose with that mantle. Just my way of thinking I guess.

Does it bother anyone else that the upcoming Packers Patriots game is being billed as the battle of the GOATS?

No doubt, both are in that conversation. But, what about Manning? What about Elway? What about Montana?

Is it that settled in the minds of insiders within the NFL, and within the minds of fans, that Rodgers and Brady are the best ever? Like with Jordan for instance. Pretty much everybody knows Jordan is the greatest. Is it the same way now with these two?

What am I missing? Manning leading Denver to a super bowl victory and the second of his career, with a noodle arm, did that not catapult him back into that conversation?

Elway winning two super bowls in is older age and dragging the broncos to numerous wins and super bowls throughout his career, to go along with the most talent we have ever seen at that position ( Rodgers is there with him though ), not enough to put him in that conversation?

Montana was Brady before Brady and his winning ways in the playoffs is tough to match. Is he not in that conversation?

I just don't think the goat of QBs, or of all the positions in the NFL ( for instance, I think belichick is on record saying Lawrence Taylor is the best player he has ever seen ), is as conclusive as some make it to be. It's not on par with Jordan in the NBA imo

I agree .. can't get to the "GOAT" thing on Aaron Rodgers .. GREAT QB but I'll take Elway, P. Manning, Montana and probably a handful of others (Marino, Brees, Tark, etc.)

No. It's hype, and "Battle of 2 of guys in the conversation of GOAT" doesn't have the same ring to it.

It really is stupid. They aren't playing against each other. Their teams are. I doubt Brady or Rodgers will jump out there and play DB.

GOAT and Aaron Rodgers don't belong in the same sentence. Its hard for the media to do something that bothers me though. I just don't care. Ever since they ripped the Heisman from the actual GOAT.

What about Drew Brees......................................................................

What about Drew Brees......................................................................

Another super bowl, maybe this year, maybe he is catapulted into that conversation. He's an awesome QB for sure

Doesn't bother me one bit because the NFL disappeared for me with the first kneel. Haven't watched it since.

VN Store

Back