Does he smoke one in Knoxville?

What quality teams? Kentucky? South Carolina?

As good as our offense was last year there is plenty of room for improvement. I admit I expect to see that improvement this fall.

As bad as our defense was there were some things they did great. I expect to see improvement on defense too.

We’ll see. I’m really looking forward to watching this year.

With Orange Britches becoming Bama's senior offensive annalist, will he get his photo made with a victory cigar?
I think his momma raised him with more class than Hornblower.
Time will tell.

Why was it classless for Butch to smoke a victory cigar while being part of Bama’s staff?

We as fans somehow think coaches and players “stay committed” to a certain school for life (heck many recruits can’t stay committed for a month). In most cases for most players and coaches, coaching/playing at said colleges is a JOB. Some exceptions, of course, are found. Their loyalty changes ever time they don the school colors where they currently participating. Smoking a cigar in Knoxville after Bama wins? Who cares!

But see, when you come to coach at Tennessee you’re supposed to realize what a special place this is and pledge unfailing loyalty to the program until you depart the earth

. We said Lane would jinx them then Butch and now Dooley lol one thing won’t change though is Saban is on that sideline and he will beat us by 28 plus points regardless what failed former Tennessee coach is on their sideline.

Lane nor Butch are jinxed. Dooley is. Everywhere he goes, the bottom falls out. Tell me a team in the last 15 yrs he’s been associated with that is successful. They didn’t win at Miami, La Tech, Tennessee, Dallas or Ny.

He’s lost games won. He’s been on teams victimized by bad calls, bad luck, injuries, etc. He’s a jinx.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Why was it classless for Butch to smoke a victory cigar while being part of Bama’s staff?

He celebrated, with a picture, a win over young men he visited their homes to recruit. That is classless to me. He could have celebrated with the Bama players but to post a pic of such on social media is low, even for Butch Jones.

Seriously? He was smoking having a good old time celebrating because he knew what he did to our program. He was celebrating driving us into a ditch. So yeah it was classless. Did you see Kiffin doing anything like that after beating us? No.

Reactions: tnutater
We can beat Bama. They have lost to less talented teams in the past and they could again lose to Tennessee next season. Go Vols!

Lane nor Butch are jinxed. Dooley is. Everywhere he goes, the bottom falls out. Tell me a team in the last 15 yrs he’s been associated with that is successful. They didn’t win at Miami, La Tech, Tennessee, Dallas or Ny.

He’s lost games won. He’s been on teams victimized by bad calls, bad luck, injuries, etc. He’s a jinx.
That won’t effect Saban and Bama, more than likely Dooley collects a natty ring this season like Butch and Lane did there.

With Orange Britches becoming Bama's senior offensive annalist, will he get his photo made with a victory cigar?
I think his momma raised him with more class than Hornblower.
Time will tell.

Class, or actually self respect.

Let's see. I could never beat this team, so I will join their staff and celebrate beating my old team. Only a complete LOSER would stoop to that. I would be ashamed to celebrate my old rival doing something I could never do. Unreal. He has zero respect for himself.

Reactions: tnutater
He celebrated, with a picture, a win over young men he visited their homes to recruit. That is classless to me. He could have celebrated with the Bama players but to post a pic of such on social media is low, even for Butch Jones.

You guys are too much 🤣

Class, or actually self respect.

Let's see. I could never beat this team, so I will join their staff and celebrate beating my old team. Only a complete LOSER would stoop to that. I would be ashamed to celebrate my old rival doing something I could never do. Unreal. He has zero respect for himself.
Or the players he recruited.
It is no wonder he "lost" the team...and his job.

Reactions: wmcovol
It’s amazing some Vol “fans” defend those primarily responsible for the destruction over the last 15 yrs. I can understand loyalty to Fulmer. He accomplished something here that hadn’t been done in 47 years. These other clowns accomplished nothing but fill their pockets & bank accounts while driving the program deeper in the ditch.

But they’re gonna give Heupel 3 yrs to get it right ……

Ed O was asked if he would consider joining Ala staff. Saban would love to have him for La recruiting & DL coaching. Even Orgeron has enough class to say “that ain’t happenin”

Ed O was asked if he would consider joining Ala staff. Saban would love to have him for La recruiting & DL coaching. Even Orgeron has enough class to say “that ain’t happenin”

Lol, so you think it’s “classless” to go work for the most successful coach and program in the history of the sport. And you think that’s the reason he said no? Too much class? Good Lord, you need some real world life experience

It’s amazing some Vol “fans” defend those primarily responsible for the destruction over the last 15 yrs. I can understand loyalty to Fulmer. He accomplished something here that hadn’t been done in 47 years. These other clowns accomplished nothing but fill their pockets & bank accounts while driving the program deeper in the ditch.

But they’re gonna give Heupel 3 yrs to get it right ……
I still contend Fulmer did more harm than good if you consider his whole body of work.
Whether or not New Coach is the man is still to be determined. The 2021 season was about as good as could be expected. Recruiting will have to pick up if he is to survive.
3 years, 5 years, 7 years? With the changing game that is college football who knows how much time he will get. Being rational about a coach is not one of the qualities of a football fan.
For me, steady improvement will keep my interest and is all we can hope for.

I dislike them in this order, from most to least.
1 Pruitt
2 Kiffin
3 Jones
4 Dooley

1. Lyle the trumpet player -Top of my list, and it's not even close. I will never not be disgusted by this no good waste of space.
2. Pruitt - Stubborn, arrogant, jack-wagons are only tolerable if they are successful....but Pruitt was NO Saban (understatement of the year, I know).
3. Dooley - thoughts noted above.
4. Kiffin - I don't hold a grudge that he took the USC job. I think if he would have stayed, he would have won BIG here. I was in the camp that wanted him back 18 months ago, now he is dead to me. I still rank him the best of the last 4.

Reactions: sunnyvol79 and MAD
Lol, so you think it’s “classless” to go work for the most successful coach and program in the history of the sport. And you think that’s the reason he said no? Too much class? Good Lord, you need some real world life experience

It's not classless to work for Saban. I think it is extremely smart for Dooley to do so...as I did for Kiffin, Sark, etc. What was classless was for Lyle to go work for pennies while we paid him a king's ransom and celebrate in our building by posing and posting pics of him celebrating when he had more to do with our loss than he did with Bama's win. If he wants to celebrate and smoke one fine. Quit posing for and posting pictures with players that you had absolutely ZERO hand in developing. If he would have posted a picture of him smoking a cigar with a Keurig machine, I wouldn't have had as much of a problem with it.

It's not classless to work for Saban. I think it is extremely smart for Dooley to do so...as I did for Kiffin, Sark, etc. What was classless was for Lyle to go work for pennies while we paid him a king's ransom and celebrate in our building by posing and posting pics of him celebrating when he had more to do with our loss than he did with Bama's win. If he wants to celebrate and smoke one fine. Quit posing for and posting pictures with players that you had absolutely ZERO hand in developing. If he would have posted a picture of him smoking a cigar with a Keurig machine, I wouldn't have had as much of a problem with it.

I have no problem with it. He was part of their staff. What’s he supposed to do? Walk up to Saban after the game and say…. “Hey Nick, out of respect for all the Tennessee fans and the school that fired me last year, I’m gonna sit out the celebration of this win. Is that ok, boss?”

Good Lord

I have no problem with it. He was part of their staff. What’s he supposed to do? Walk up to Saban after the game and say…. “Hey Nick, out of respect for all the Tennessee fans and the school that fired me last year, I’m gonna sit out the celebration of this win. Is that ok, boss?”

Good Lord
Celebrate all you want to....smoke ALL the cigars. I'm only saying to sit out one game posting pics on social media when the only effect you had on that game was destroying the roster of the team you beat. But that is too much of an ask for an arrogant, egotistical d-bag. If Dooley lights one up and posts it, I'm fine with it.

Celebrate all you want to....smoke ALL the cigars. I'm only saying to sit out one game posting pics on social media when the only effect you had on that game was destroying the roster of the team you beat. But that is too much of an ask for an arrogant, egotistical d-bag. If Dooley lights one up and posts it, I'm fine with it.

I get it…..you’re butthurt

VN Store

Back