Dobbs is throwing a major wrench in Pittsburgh Steelers’ plans

3079cc8cdfcdb3c4cc0784906b03bcbf.gif

Last edited:
Love Dobbs and wish him the best. However unless he has or can improve his passing accuracy he will probably remain a backup. Hope I’m wrong. If he can get five years in, I think that qualifies for nfl pension.

We love Dobbs as a VFL but think, meh, he cant be all that good really because of what we saw when he was here. But thats just it, I dont think you can get a clear picture of how good or just ok he was from his time here. Most anyone agrees that Butch was a legendary undeveloper of talent. Consider Nat Peterman, who also had a solid arm but was woefully under-developed. Both of these guys are suffering from not having gotten the development they needed to compete at NFL levels right away and it shows. But it doesnt mean that they won't be successful given another year or two of development. Dobbs has that better chance, IMO than Peterman simply because he can wait behind Ben as bit longer without the pressure of having to carry the team like Peterman had to do.

Reactions: tbh
Love Dobbs and wish him the best. However unless he has or can improve his passing accuracy he will probably remain a backup. Hope I’m wrong. If he can get five years in, I think that qualifies for nfl pension.

Not a bad gig, though. I've always thought that backup NFL QB is one of the best jobs you can have. You still get paid very well and you're body doesn't get beat to hell like the starter.

Obviously, I'm rooting for Dobbs to be an NFL starter sometime, but if he's a backup for 5-10 years, he then has the money to start whatever business he wants. With his brain and a lot of cash in his bank account, he could easily run a tech startup.

It's easy enough to like Dobbs over BR, particularly as a Vols fan, but c'mon....BR just completed 67% of his passes while going #1 in yardage and #5 in TD's. He's not going anywhere with that kind of production short of injury.

I'm not saying Ben doesn't have talent, I'm saying he's a selfish prick, and getting old. He has been part of this offseason of Steelers drama. As a Ravens fan, I hope that bleeds into the season, lol But I do want to see Dobbs succeed at the highest level. It would be nice to see another Vol QB have a ring.

VN Store

Back