Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

New here but have been an avid runner since I was 13 years old.

3 years ago ruptured achilles on right.

I was running again within 6 months but calf atrophy/nerve connections never really came back to pre-surgical form.

Recently began transitioning to fast-paced walking 3.5 miles regularly with lots of steep hill work and calf redevelopment occurred.

Not really sure if this is due to walking form and/or time healing. The transition to lots of long, hilly walks has been easier on this older body.

Keep up the hard work and stay healthy!

I used to love running when I was younger. My joints can't take the pounding anymore. I have been riding bikes for the last year and a half. I really love it. I just wish there were better places to ride close by.

14 minutes run home with a lot of stoppage included. I am saying at least a minute.

And of course the Marta readout lies to me and I have stupid long wait now

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Mountain running sucks.
780 feet elevation change.
Forgot to stop the app at the end of the run. I was too busy dying. 775AD7CE-2A94-45D4-9F9D-892E1BA9612D.jpegAD9950FA-9CD7-4E21-85B2-101226DBFC69.jpeg5EF46E03-0094-47CB-9134-FE249749C64C.jpeg

Riding bicycles, the downhills offer respite, a chance to recharge for the next climb. Not so with running. The downhill grades require concentration to minimize impact to feet, knees, and hips. My old joints cannot take it. In addition to riding, I walk/hike, but running is in my past.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back