Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

You take one with you or rent?
I ran today.
If we would have driven I would have brought a bike but we did the airplane thing this time. I actually looked into renting a bike here but there was nothing available that would have been good for exercise.
Where I live in Chattanooga is very hilly so the mountain pike isn’t the best. I’m considering a road bike for that.

I relocated to Knoxville in the early 90's and was a dedicated distance runner in good shape. First week in town, I go out on the greenway, feel great and up the tempo as I'm headed back toward UT. Then this guy passes me effortlessly. I didn't even hear him coming up. It was like he was gliding on air. Turns out it was Todd Williams, and I went home realizing I was really nothing more than an average weekend warrior. I was doing a tempo run and he was probably doing a recovery run faster than my tempo.

I relocated to Knoxville in the early 90's and was a dedicated distance runner in good shape. First week in town, I go out on the greenway, feel great and up the tempo as I'm headed back toward UT. Then this guy passes me effortlessly. I didn't even hear him coming up. It was like he was gliding on air. Turns out it was Todd Williams, and I went home realizing I was really nothing more than an average weekend warrior. I was doing a tempo run and he was probably doing a recovery run faster than my tempo.
I remember the feeling. I watched Tony Cosey disappear in a few HS CC races. He made it look easy

Four mile run today. Was supposed to be five but the heat caught up with me. Gonna have to start going earlier.
The early morning is best imo. The heat is not too intense yet and the cardio boosts your metabolism for the entire day. There is no escaping the humidity though. My shirts are completely soaked when I jog in the summer time.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
The early morning is best imo. The heat is not too intense yet and the cardio boosts your metabolism for the entire day. There is no escaping the humidity though. My shirts are completely soaked when I jog in the summer time.
I like to wear a hoodie when I jog. That’s over till September

Last edited:
14:45 with a whole bunch of stoppage time. Usually I dont bother with a start and stop because it's usually just 5 seconds or so. This was over a minute

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I don't run/ jog yet but I wear a long sleeve 1/4 zip pullover everyday. I sweat like nobody's business.

VN Store

Back