Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

Orangeslice13

RockyTop is back, Let’s Go!!
-only when being chased…..or trying not to die of heart disease.

Post you distance on the day you run (walk or bike) so I won’t feel alone.
I try to get 10 miles a week. 3.5 3 times. (Walking is welcome too. Anything to help me keep going)

I felt squirrely today at went 4.5 miles.

Anyone?
Anyone?

Last edited:
Started walking on Sept 1,2021. So far averaging 25 days/month, 10000 steps goal. I’m up to 80-90 minutes and 12000 steps per session plus all the normal walking around the house and yard. I’m entering my late 60’s and only regret is I didn’t start sooner. Keep at it. It takes some time and effort and results are sometimes slow, but so nice when another 3-5 lbs disappears.

I'm training for he Music City Half Marathon. I had never done more than 3.1 miles and am now up to 7. Right knee is in pain and swelling, left calf is strained and achilles is sore. I am going to try to get in a 9-10 miler tomorrow morning but haven't ran since Monday when I strained my calf. I'm running for my mental being. I've had a rough last 6 months and running helps me to get by.

I don’t have a FitBit or Apple Watch yet. I use an app called Vima Walk to track my mileage on my phone. I have to record my distance/minutes on my Notes app since the free version only keeps 5 trips. It lets you e-mail the map and data though.

I was surprised that there weren’t really good Apple or Google apps available.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I switched to jogging about 3 years ago and got absolutely hooked. It helps me maintain a decent but not great weight for someone my height & build.
I’m about 3 years in too. Love the way it makes me feel.
Much beyond 10 a week and it becomes counter productive

I absolutely hate running. I usually do 2 or 3 miles a day to stay in shape for the Army PT test though.

Increasing the run time to 22 minutes on the new test was the best gift I’ve ever gotten

I absolutely hate running. I usually do 2 or 3 miles a day to stay in shape for the Army PT test though.

Increasing the run time to 22 minutes on the new test was the best gift I’ve ever gotten
That’s coming up soon isn’t it.
I heard they’re getting rid of that nasty pull up crunch thing though

That’s coming up soon isn’t it.
I heard they’re getting rid of that nasty pull up crunch thing though

Effective today actually. Active duty has until Oct. 1 before they start counting scores, National Guard/Reserve have until April 1, 2023.

And yup, which is really annoying because I’ve been incorporating pull ups into my work out everyday to prepare for it since it’s (apparently) the most failed event. Now I have to do planks, which might be more boring than running.

Effective today actually. Active duty has until Oct. 1 before they start counting scores, National Guard/Reserve have until April 1, 2023.

And yup, which is really annoying because I’ve been incorporating pull ups into my work out everyday to prepare for it since it’s (apparently) the most failed event. Now I have to do planks, which might be more boring than running.
My cousin is an officer. I text him earlier to ask if he’d upped his training in preparation and he said “I did slightly better this week than last….”
That doesn’t instill confidence. Lol

VN Store

Back