Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

I’m just not hearing the “I’m too old” excuse anyone.
Get what you can get. If you can’t walk far then walk one lap around your neighborhood. Then walk a lap and a mailbox. Then eventually 2 laps…….1 mile…..2 miles…..the maybe you start jogging.
I started this with a goal of being able to run a mile. Then 2…4….and finally I set a goal of 4 miles at 10 minute pace.
Today was my best 4 miles at under 9:10 pace. I’ll be 53 in 8 weeks. 9 minutes is a real possibility.

So get your fat asses moving!!!
D7CF92EC-5C31-4C47-9815-6D581F66720B.jpeg

I’m just not hearing the “I’m too old” excuse anyone.
Get what you can get. If you can’t walk far then walk one lap around your neighborhood. Then walk a lap and a mailbox. Then eventually 2 laps…….1 mile…..2 miles…..the maybe you start jogging.
I started this with a goal of being able to run a mile. Then 2…4….and finally I set a goal of 4 miles at 10 minute pace.
Today was my best 4 miles at under 9:10 pace. I’ll be 53 in 8 weeks. 9 minutes is a real possibility.

So get your fat asses moving!!!
View attachment 468713
I agree. I tried for months to run a mile. Never could do it. So I started walking a fast mile. Then about 2. Eventually built up the muscle and lost some weight, and I could run a mile.

Reactions: VolNExile
Yesterday, I mowed the yard in 90%+ humidity. Wore me out. Soaked my clothes with sweat. I have a 3/4 acre lot.

Reactions: rocytop2624
The humidity was 95%+ today. I was perspiring with temps in the high 70s.

I have a self propelled push mower. Since my hand/arm is on the handle, it doesn’t sway as I walk and most my steps don’t count unless I consider it a walk workout
What I learned from @Behr after a similar experience at the grocery store: put your step counter in your shorts/pants pocket.

Trying to push a grocery cart with one hand while wildly swinging the other was one of the more goobery things I’ve done in my life.

I have a corded electric mower. It is not self-propelled. It moves when you exert effort to move it. Last year, I purchased an electric riding mower. It will mow about 2/3 of the yard. The rest requires the push mower. I am glad to have the riding mower. Whippersnappers may note that I was past retirement age when I acquired it. And no, I’ve not chosen to retire, yet. Maybe next year…

VN Store

Back