Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

Whew, that’s a nice early walk.

Which Fitbit do you have?
I have the charge 5. Not a huge fan of the band but it works. Has good battery life, waterproof and I wear it to play hockey and it hasn't been broken yet (and I fall a lot)

Reactions: VolNExile
I have the charge 5. Not a huge fan of the band but it works. Has good battery life, waterproof and I wear it to play hockey and it hasn't been broken yet (and I fall a lot)
Oh good, that’s exactly the one I’m looking at. I don’t want a smartwatch, but I also don’t want to have to carry my phone to capture the map. The charge 5 seems like a great solution.

I’m going to order the separate woven Velcro band, because I’m tired of silicone bands pressing on a nerve at the base of my thumb.

Edit to add: ok, after reading the Amazon reviews (which I always take with a grain of salt, but still) of the band, I’m not going to order it, but I’m picking up the Fitbit this afternoon.

Last edited:
I did 2.5 miles at 7:15 this morning and just completed a 3.5 mile walk. It's hotter than homemade dammit in Sarasota today!

Whatever toxins I had in my body have been sweated out and then some!

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I did 2.5 miles at 7:15 this morning and just completed a 3.5 mile walk. It's hotter than homemade dammit in Sarasota today!

Whatever toxins I had in my body have been sweated out and then some!
If you want a quality damnit you have to make them yourself

Reactions: Boca Vol
Oh good, that’s exactly the one I’m looking at. I don’t want a smartwatch, but I also don’t want to have to carry my phone to capture the map. The charge 5 seems like a great solution.

I’m going to order the separate woven Velcro band, because I’m tired of silicone bands pressing on a nerve at the base of my thumb.

Edit to add: ok, after reading the Amazon reviews (which I always take with a grain of salt, but still) of the band, I’m not going to order it, but I’m picking up the Fitbit this afternoon.
One more question: did you use the 6-month intro Premium membership? Anything in there that you think is actually worthwhile?

I’ve had my Peloton for about 5 weeks now and absolutely love it. I alternate between cardio days and strength training daily. On the weekends, I do 90 minute rides and burn over 1,200 calories. I haven’t been to my gym since I got my bike and my low back pain has really improved tremendously. I think the low impact is really contributing to that. I am supposed to go back to see my neurosurgeon regarding back surgery and I’m hoping I can avoid it. Oh, I also try to use my inversion table daily for 5 mins a day.

View attachment 457442
Rode 40k today, the last 5 uphill without a break. Stopped for lunch at Restaurant el Kiosko. Having numerous beers and grilled rabbit. Riding back to the hotel with the SAG.
Everytime I read your distances I freak out at first. I read the "k" as 1000, so I am thinking "40,000 miles, no way, this guy is full of it"

Reactions: VolNExile
I’ve had my Peloton for about 5 weeks now and absolutely love it. I alternate between cardio days and strength training daily. On the weekends, I do 90 minute rides and burn over 1,200 calories. I haven’t been to my gym since I got my bike and my low back pain has really improved tremendously. I think the low impact is really contributing to that. I am supposed to go back to see my neurosurgeon regarding back surgery and I’m hoping I can avoid it. Oh, I also try to use my inversion table daily for 5 mins a day.
That’s great
I alternate as well.
I started the yoga over slipped disk issues. I am now completely pain free and the Dr can’t believe the improvement in my back. I wish I would have put down the weight and gone all body weight exercise in my late 20s.
My problem with back surgery is that nobody I know who has had Surgery has had the problem fixed.
I hope you can avoid it as well.

Reactions: VolNExile and SDV
That’s great
I alternate as well.
I started the yoga over slipped disk issues. I am now completely pain free and the Dr can’t believe the improvement in my back. I wish I would have put down the weight and gone all body weight exercise in my late 20s.
My problem with back surgery is that nobody I know who has had Surgery has had the problem fixed.
I hope you can avoid it as well.
I hear ya re the weights. I no longer do any heavy lifting. I do high reps and body weight exercises. Heavy lifting can be very hard on your body, especially as you get older.

VN Store

Back