Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

Props to you! I quit running after the Army :)

Just lift now.

But much respect for your dedication!
I’m 53. When my kids were in football I would lift with them. All dumbbells. We were doing bench with 80s 5 sets of 6. If I had it to do over I would have only done body weight (yoga). My shoulders and elbows regret the lifting.

Reactions: SDV
I’m 53. When my kids were in football I would lift with them. All dumbbells. We were doing bench with 80s 5 sets of 6. If I had it to do over I would have only done body weight (yoga). My shoulders and elbows regret the lifting.

I feel you, brother. I'm 57 now. But I have a weight training program that keeps me fit without killing the 'old man'. 3 days a week. Ive had surgery on both shoulders (thanks, Iraq), so I have to be careful. But it can be done.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I feel you, brother. I'm 57 now. But I have a weight training program that keeps me fit without killing the 'old man'. 3 days a week. Ive had surgery on both shoulders (thanks, Iraq), so I have to be careful. But it can be done.
We’re not growing old gracefully …..we’re fight that **** with everything we’ve got.
Feel free to post your workouts here.

It helps me keep on keeping on.
Misery loves company and whatnot

Reactions: SDV and VOL_Lyfe
I spent some years doing 5x5, which is a great routine for people starting out.

I'm on a split routine now, push/pull/legs then 2 days off. Seems to work well.

I decided to invest in some home gym equipment during the COVID scare (since I was telecommuting anyway). One of my best decisions. A long bar, a EZ-bar, a landmine, and a 400-lb plate setup will do almost anything you want.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I’ve got to make that loop in 47:36 to make goal by the time I’m 54. I may have to find somewhere flat to run for the goal attempt.

VN Store

Back