Do you join your spouse to the grocery store?

We do the grocery store a bunch of different ways:

Usually, big list days we just do pickup, and either of us goes for that.

For modest lists, it's usually me by myself.

For quick trips, one of us will take one of the kids.

We very rarely go together and it's because even before we had kids, my wife would think it's weird that I try to split up so we can do it faster, and my reaction (inside my head) is WTF?

I’ve been grocery shopping with my wife. Most often, it’s been when we’re out of town. The past few years, I’ve done most of the grocery shopping for our household.

The Kroger in Maryville, TN has a bar inside of it and you would occasionally see a man sitting there waiting for his wife to finish shopping
The Farragut Kroger does, as well. There is actually a decent crowd of regulars. It's the strangest thing, especially with Admiral's Pub (nice beer joint) literally right next door.

If our local groceries had bars in them I'd go shopping with the wife more often.
Publix Greenwise has one. They even have drink holders on the carts so you can shop and drink at the same time

For shopping, I usually make the Sam's run on the weekends while my wife does grocery pickup service during the week.

The Farragut Kroger does, as well. There is actually a decent crowd of regulars. It's the strangest thing, especially with Admiral's Pub (nice beer joint) literally right next door.

Yeah, the bartender at the Maryville one said they have regulars too. I was like, who regularly drinks at a Kroger? But the deli is right next to it, so I guess that’s plus?

I usually hit the AP every Friday night when I’m in for games. My buddies all live down the road from it.

Frequently, it's the only way "good stuff" get into the house.

Same. We meal plan for the whole week, so I make a list of what's needed and I've found that I am able to knock it out a lot more quickly when solo.
We do the same in theory. We aren't always great at sticking to the meal plan though lol.

Reactions: tbh and Wireless1
When I go with my wife to the grocery store less money is spent. It is almost as if we purchase the items we intended to buy before entering the store.

VN Store

Back