Do you consider a win over a top 15 Kentucky team to be a signature win?

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
Simple question. My mind says yes, my heart says it’s Kentucky and it should always be a win.

Expectations wise, this is probably the worst game on the schedule for the vols. A win may be written off as “well it’s Kentucky” while a loss will fuel the fires of the doubters more so than a loss to a top 10 team like an LSU.

I don’t think anyone would be surprised on here to see us take out Kentucky after a bye. Especially given our key player injuries getting two weeks to rest. I think the one little detail of “surprise” would be us taking them down on the road. But even then, it’s a field named after Kroger. Not like it screams intimidation.

Simple question. My mind says yes, my heart says it’s Kentucky and it should always be a win.

Expectations wise, this is probably the worst game on the schedule for the vols. A win may be written off as “well it’s Kentucky” while a loss will fuel the fires of the doubters more so than a loss to a top 10 team like an LSU.
No because they aren’t really a top 15 team just like when we crushed their best two teams in their history. We will roll into Kroger Field and beat them like a drum

I think it’s important to recognize when teams improve. UK has earned its ranking and this year is playing great.

I’d consider it a promising win and one CJH and the team should be very proud of if they can pull it off.

However, signature wins are reserved for the big three here. He’s going to need a win over Alabama, Florida, or Georgia.

The fact that they have UK on their helmets should not diminish what they have done this season. Every college team not named Georgia would be thrilled to be in Kentucky's shoes at this point in the season. We can beat them, it can be a signature win THIS season, then we can work next season on improving the quality of our signature win. With everything we lost this year, you take what you can get.

Ky has a great OL, and very good def and.....a qB who can run. All are big challenges for Tennessee
Yea they do this will be a tough game to win we will have to play really well and at their place too. It’s laughable that some fans think we will roll them and win by 30. This isn’t your dads Kentucky team from 20 years ago

When a team is better than you (as KY has seemed to be most of this season) If you win I would define it as a significant win. Now when you beat a Bama, Ga, etc.., then I would call that a signature win.

I consider a win over any ranked team a good win. People will see the blue and white and assume we should just beat them because they have been historically worse than us in the past. They are in the top 25, we are not. If we beat them. I think it's a great win.

Let's win the game first and not worry about the perception of it

No

VN Store

Back