Do we need a California qb?

We had one in Shrout.
No, I get your point. By and large QB play at the high school level is superior out here than most other places. Texas is right with them.

It doesn't matter where they are from. Josh Heupel was from South Dakota and he was a National Champion and Heisman finalist.
Tua was from Hawaii. Burrow from small town Ohio.
It seems like TN is the only state that can never produce a legit QB.
& Oklahoma qb from Arizona

We had one in Shrout.
No, I get your point. By and large QB play at the high school level is superior out here than most other places. Texas is right with them.

It doesn't matter where they are from. Josh Heupel was from South Dakota and he was a National Champion and Heisman finalist.

Cough cough, Andy Kelly.

We had one in Shrout.

Chad Pennington was a good nfl qb that hailed from Tennessee.

He'll Nah! Tell me, what do Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, and Joe burrow have in common? They all won NC and put up ridiculous stats! Weird, none are from California either 🙄

He'll Nah! Tell me, what do Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, and Joe burrow have in common? They all won NC and put up ridiculous stats! Weird, none are from California either 🙄
Just odd all the best teams now have starting qb from out west this year

It's May...ok

he will end up at UTK before his career is over

mark my word

check my stats
I wouldn't say that's impossible, but I highly doubt it unless some high recruit beats him out, which I doubt. Likely, he'll be there and win the Heisman.

Now, about your word and stats we're marking...

Reactions: HalfullVol
Very nice analogy.
Yeah, even in Basketball too...way ahead of anywhere else.

There are so many planned, epicurean type communities out here that pour money into some of these programs it's insane. HS Coaches making 6 figures and bonuses.

And then they recruit across the state and nation actually. I just watched Bronny a couple of months back, and I really wish that kid would play football. 5 star WR if decided to play...
I would give them credit for basketball. Its on another level but football is a different story. Texas, Georgia, & Florida are just as good if not better in football. All 3 of those states are football 1st type regions. I live in GA so I get to see 1st hand what they pour into these schools and trust me there are quite a few high school football coaches making 6 figures here. My son starts JV this year at the same school Marquez Calloway played at and they have a highly paid coach in a town that only has 4 high schools. They have a 30,000 seat stadium for a freaking high school. If you go anywhere in GA the communities invest everything into their highschool football programs no matter the size of the town. That stood out to me when I moved here from Memphis. The 1st thing you see in these towns is a water tower followed by a huge stadium. Have you guys seen the QB's the state of Georgia has put out recently?? Watson, Fromm, Lawrence, & Fields have all led teams to the NCG. Seems like every year Bama plays a GA high school QB product in the title game. You cant come to college as prepared as they were without facing big time competition in highschool. Georgia produces enough high school prospects to fill the entire UGA team (which is usually top 5 nationally) and about 10-15% of another 5-6 SEC school rosters. That doesnt even include the studs that end up in the ACC or the guys that play in other power 5 conferences. We dont even have to go into Texas or Florida, I think everyone knows what they represent when it comes to high school football. Cali will always produce quality players just based off sheer population, but you build SEC schools with players from the southeast and you sprinkle in a couple national players.

We had one in Shrout.

or if we do, they grow up being peyton manning fans, move to GA and go to clemson.

Reactions: LittleVol
I would give them credit for basketball. Its on another level but football is a different story. Texas, Georgia, & Florida are just as good if not better in football. All 3 of those states are football 1st type regions. I live in GA so I get to see 1st hand what they pour into these schools and trust me there are quite a few high school football coaches making 6 figures here. My son starts JV this year at the same school Marquez Calloway played at and they have a highly paid coach in a town that only has 4 high schools. They have a 30,000 seat stadium for a freaking high school. If you go anywhere in GA the communities invest everything into their highschool football programs no matter the size of the town. That stood out to me when I moved here from Memphis. The 1st thing you see in these towns is a water tower followed by a huge stadium. Have you guys seen the QB's the state of Georgia has put out recently?? Watson, Fromm, Lawrence, & Fields have all led teams to the NCG. Seems like every year Bama plays a GA high school QB product in the title game. You cant come to college as prepared as they were without facing big time competition in highschool. Georgia produces enough high school prospects to fill the entire UGA team (which is usually top 5 nationally) and about 10-15% of another 5-6 SEC school rosters. That doesnt even include the studs that end up in the ACC or the guys that play in other power 5 conferences. We dont even have to go into Texas or Florida, I think everyone knows what they represent when it comes to high school football. Cali will always produce quality players just based off sheer population, but you build SEC schools with players from the southeast and you sprinkle in a couple national players.
Oh per capita, Georgia exceeds California in talent.
And staight up they're not that far behind.

And yeah, their QB reputation is becoming more and more legit. Because of the names you mentioned.

Cali is very top heavy in Football talent. While in the Deep South you can find D1 talent all over the place in obscure locations, not just the metro areas. You probably have some of the best coaching in GA too. However the top programs in California have been better than anyone in the country the last 3 years. Even better than St Francis or IMG with their national players. Top heavy.

Reactions: 901 Orange
I wouldn't say that's impossible, but I highly doubt it unless some high recruit beats him out, which I doubt. Likely, he'll be there and win the Heisman.

Now, about your word and stats we're marking...

there once was a poster here, @BobMueller if I remember correctly, that would quite frequently make bold predictions and end with "check my stats".

maybe someone else here remembers the guy but his tag line became a running joke here and i'm fairly confident he hasn't been heard from since - this was probably 10 years ago,

there once was a poster here, @BobMueller if I remember correctly, that would quite frequently make bold predictions and end with "check my stats".

maybe someone else here remembers the guy but his tag line became a running joke here and i'm fairly confident he hasn't been heard from since - this was probably 10 years ago,
He had to go conduct a Russian investigation so he needed some time away.

Reactions: HalfullVol
roboqb.jpg

Wonder if he has kids??

VN Store

Back