Do we beat Ole Miss this year ?

We’ll either find a way to lose a close one in embarrassing fashion or we’ll get skulll-stomped by 21+

I mean, seriously, until this program does something on the field other than underachieve and lose, we would be wise to remain skeptical.

That being said, I’m hopeful that maybe Coach Heupel will start build a culture of winning - we’ve missed badly on every coaching hire since Fulmer left the sidelines, so we gotta be due some good fortune, right? Unfortunately, we’ve got a long, long way to go to dig ourselves out of the cesspool in which decades of incompetence have buried us.

Last edited:
Probably a No, but better chance than with the stodgy former offense. Ole Miss will be facing a team that plays a lot more like them. It'll be a wild game! Sorry a simple No couldn't suffice!

If the Corral kid is behind center for Ole Miss I think we get 40+ hung on us. Probably finishes the day with 400+ yards from the line of scrimmage. I don't see us winning that one.

If CJH is as good as advertised then we stand a chance. I think it will depend a lot on our ability to score and our defense to be able to pressure their qb with the front 4.

If we can get a couple stops and score some points then we stand a punchers chance.

That's ridiculous they were 5-5. Bama has nothing to do with this. We talking about OM vs UT. Its not a mismatch at all. Kiffin can call plays, ok so can CJH. UT wasnt a good defense last year. OM was worse then we were. That makes this a toss-up game.
Ole Miss will hang 60+ on us. Easily.

I expect the win.

A loss to them in October would be a really really bad thing.

JH wasn’t hired to beat Ole Miss. he was hired to defend Neyland and let the chips fall.

Ole Miss is a home game. It’s an expected win.

Ole Miss will hang 60+ on us. Easily.
so if you saying they will put 60 on an SEC defense that ranked 7th out of 14 teams what do u think happens to their defense that was 14th out of 14 SEC defenses?? Idk why you seem to think their defense doesnt get to come on the field smfh. They ranked 118th out of 128 schools in total defense is that good??? OM was the ONLY defense in the SEC to give up 200+ rushing per game & 300+ passing a game. U overrreacting to freaking Ole Miss like they are unbeatable smh. How the hell did Arkansas whose defense finished 4 spots behind ours hold OM to 21 but we gonna give up 60 man stop it???

Reactions: feathersax
so if you saying they will put 60 on an SEC defense that ranked 7th out of 14 teams what do u think happens to their defense that was 14th out of 14 SEC defenses?? Idk why you seem to think their defense doesnt get to come on the field smfh. They ranked 118th out of 128 schools in total defense is that good??? OM was the ONLY defense in the SEC to give up 200+ rushing per game & 300+ passing a game. U overrreacting to freaking Ole Miss like they are unbeatable smh. How the hell did Arkansas whose defense finished 4 spots behind ours hold OM to 21 but we gonna give up 60 man stop it???
I think Ole Miss is crap. I just think we are the piece of corn in the crap. UT is more than welcome to prove me wrong.

I think Ole Miss is crap. I just think we are the piece of corn in the crap. UT is more than welcome to prove me wrong.
I aint saying its a guaranteed win for UT, I understand our issues. Im saying its a toss up game. It could go either way. If we field even a competent offense its a very winnable game for us. OM's defense is horrible at best, they couldnt stop a nose bleed in an ER. Vandy had a better defense then they did and they trotted out Brentwood's JV. I dnt understand why this is even a debate. Their not Bama, UGA, or Fla..... Ok Kiffin can call plays, so what??? Pretty sure CJH is an elite playcaller as well.

Nah. Heupel may turn it around, but not this year. Very thin on the depth charts. Let this season be more of a pleasant surprise when things go right rather than build yourself up for a letdown.

VN Store

Back