Do we beat Ole Miss this year ?

That's ridiculous they were 5-5. Bama has nothing to do with this. We talking about OM vs UT. Its not a mismatch at all. Kiffin can call plays, ok so can CJH. UT wasnt a good defense last year. OM was worse then we were. That makes this a toss-up game.

You are forgetting one big piece of the equation. OM is bringing back one of the best QB’s in the conference. UT doesn’t even know who it’s QB will be. The team with the best QB usually wins when all other things are basically even. And tbh, with OM now in the second year of its new staff/scheme, all other things are not equal.

Maybe....I think their offense will be great, but their D is suspect. Should be a fun game to watch. I look at it as a toss-up right now.

Why would it be circled “for his ego”? He left Tennessee in a lurch not the other way around.
If there’s anything you should learn on this board, it’s that any and everyone in the college football world is always thinking about Tennessee. Why might To’o To’o wait until after Spring practice to transfer to Bama? -Because Saban wants him to steal our playbook. Why did Pruitt get caught cheating? -Because Kirby was so scared of him that he turned him in. Why does Lane Kiffin circle UT on the schedule? -Because the most impactful 12 months of his life were here in Knoxville. Everything everyone else does is somehow directly related to UT football. And, we should be offended by it.

Last edited:
If there’s anything you should learn on this board, it’s that any and everyone in the college football world is always thinking about Tennessee. Why might To’o To’o wait until after Spring practice to transfer to Bama? -Because Saban wants him to steal our playbook. Why did Pruitt get caught cheating? -Because Kirby was so scared of him that he turned him in. Why does Lane Kiffin circle UT on the schedule? -Because the most impactful 12 months of his life’s were here in Knoxville. Everything everyone else does is somehow directly related to UT football. And, we should be offended by it.
Accurate.

I’m going to say we probably will not beat Ole Miss this year. Kiffen’s offense will be humming along at that point and ahead of our offense as we are in the middle of offensive scheme change. Their defense should be better than ours too but not by much. We can only hope CJH can develop the players in the program or our defense will be worse than last years.

There will much clipboard slinging going on. NO! Ole Miss 59 UT 41
tenor.gif

If the game is even close, Kiffin should be on the hot seat. Tennessee's roster isn't remotely close to being SEC-quality, at the moment.

Reactions: Frozevol
No. I hope I am wrong. A lot will ride on how well our defense plays. We have lost a lot of players. I am not sure we can over come that loss on year one of a new program.

If Ole Miss finds a defense, probably not.

This game, along with Pitt, Kentucky, and Mizz will determine our record. We probably win a minimum of 5 games. Split these 4, and going 7-5 would be a pretty good season for this situation.

You are forgetting one big piece of the equation. OM is bringing back one of the best QB’s in the conference. UT doesn’t even know who it’s QB will be. The team with the best QB usually wins when all other things are basically even. And tbh, with OM now in the second year of its new staff/scheme, all other things are not equal.
Im not forgetting anything. If he was that great they would have had a better record. They were 5-5 and we were 3-7. There is not a big difference between the two. Yes OM has their qb but they also have the worst defense in the conference. Doesnt take a superstar Qb to move the ball on them. That matters bc below avg offenses can look elite against a horrible defense. Our defense gave up plays last year but they also gave us a chance in some games. The game is a tossup it aint an upset if we win the game.

Cripes! I want to know the percentage of simple yes or no votes there are.

1. We don't follow instructions.

2. We don't usually know what we are talking about.

I say No. With a rant in front of it......

Maybe the OP should pole everyone. (Except me)

VN Store

Back