Do I not understand the rules or

Yeah, there were multiple misses by the refs and clock operators, especially on that last drive. The one where we stopped forward progress but the WR went back 5 yards and went OB and the ref stopped the clock, that one had me fired up.

We had to beat the refs yesterday too, I felt like 3rd quarter was the only time we weren't fighting the zebras every single play
Didn't it look like, on the last drive by Auburn, they were in illegal formations?

This is the SEC where Bituli will miss part of the game next week while Raekwon Davis on Bama lands a multi-punch combination in front of multiple officials and does not have to sit out.....
Glad you mention Bituli.
Is there no blame for a ball carrier in the targeting world?
Three Vols were at the point of the tackle. Announcers said call could have gone against any one of them. To me they (the three) had set up to tackle at midsection on the carrier. HE, late in the action bent over to a point lower than his waist, too late for any defender to react. Does the ball carrier have no responsibility in this type of action. No way could he have been a defenseless player. To me, this was just a football play, no blame, just the way it happened. To much "pansy" showing up in the game....

As a side note: after this play, I watched football until near midnight and watched closely for leading with the helmet and saw many plays a lot worst than this one. No call, heard many announcers complaining about them. It seems everyone has decided football as we know it must be changed to,,,,, hell I don't know what.

Reactions: PACKERVOL
Glad you mention Bituli.
Three Vols were at the point of the tackle. Announcers said call could have gone against any one of them. To me they (the three) had set up to tackle at midsection on the carrier. HE, late in the action bent over to a point lower than his waist, too late for any defender to react. Does the ball carrier have no responsibility in this type of action. No way could he have been a defenseless player. To me, this was just a football play, no blame, just the way it happened. To much "pansy" showing up in the game....

As a side note: after this play, I watched football until near midnight and watched closely for leading with the helmet and saw many plays a lot worst than this one. No call, heard many announcers complaining about them. It seems everyone has decided football as we know it must be changed to,,,,, hell I don't know what.

My exact thoughts about that play! One could say that the ball carrier led with his helmet first in this and many other cases.

Glad you mention Bituli.

I've actually wondered about that. If you're going in for the tackle and the runner lowers himself, what are you supposed to do? Our incident was entirely different from someone launching themselves with the helmet.

Reactions: savannahfan
If Vol Twitter can put enough pressure to back off hiring Schiano, maybe we can do the same thing to get the SEC to suspend RaeTKOn for the upcoming week.....

If it is clearly no a malicious hit it is a travesty to suspend a player the next game. Players are doing a much better job these days. That in no way was a malicious play and there is less than a minute left in the game but they are going to sit him for a half. Meanwhile Raekwon is still throwing punches. PURE BULLCRAP!!!!

Reactions: savannahfan
If it is clearly no a malicious hit it is a travesty to suspend a player the next game. Players are doing a much better job these days. That in no way was a malicious play and there is less than a minute left in the game but they are going to sit him for a half. Meanwhile Raekwon is still throwing punches. PURE BULLCRAP!!!!

Helps that Steve Shaw (SEC Director of Officials) is a Bama grad...

I don't want to pile on or anything, but what did you think about JJ's performance yesterday? He looks like his old self again.

He’s done a great job this year. Truly shocking based off all the preseason reports about him watching from the sidelines. He had one of his best performances today.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

VN Store

Back