DJ Burns

Maybe he simply chose to go to Winthrop because they have a greater than 2:1 ratio of females to males.

Hope he does well but just because he transferred to a team that made NCAA doesn’t make him a player that would have helped us much. He is 8th on the team in minutes played on a team that won in a bad league. He averages 2.3 turnovers per game which is a big number for someone who doesn’t handle the ball much. He would have been another body for us but would probably have averaged 2-3 points a game.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Hope he does well but just because he transferred to a team that made NCAA doesn’t make him a player that would have helped us much. He is 8th on the team in minutes played on a team that won in a bad league. He averages 2.3 turnovers per game which is a big number for someone who doesn’t handle the ball much. He would have been another body for us but would probably have averaged 2-3 points a game.

Don't agree with this. I think he could have averaged 6-8 ppg and given us a lift off the bench... definitely would have been more productive than Olivier and given him a chance to RS, IF he was motivated and progressed like he did at Winthrop.

The thing is that we probably wouldn't have Olivier or Vescovi if he had stayed.

Don't agree with this. I think he could have averaged 6-8 ppg and given us a lift off the bench... definitely would have been more productive than Olivier and given him a chance to RS, IF he was motivated and progressed like he did at Winthrop.

The thing is that we probably wouldn't have Olivier or Vescovi if he had stayed.
Any big body we could have put on the floor with a positive output would have helped Fulkerson keep his legs. A major problem of late.

Any big body we could have put on the floor with a positive output would have helped Fulkerson keep his legs. A major problem of late.
And Barnes hasn’t exactly lit it up recruiting bigs. The quality has been marginal and the attrition really bad. Missing on Blackshear was major.

And Barnes hasn’t exactly lit it up recruiting bigs. The quality has been marginal and the attrition really bad. Missing on Blackshear was major.
Which is hard to understand because he always had them at Texas. Starting to believe him when he said his ideal dream team was a group of 6-7 guys that could play all 5 positions. Even walker as much as I like him probably ends up playing a wing.

He's gotten like 4 NBA-ish post players for NCAA that all have honors (Williams, Fulkerson, Alexander, and Pons). If you don't consider Pons as a post, he's playing that for us, so you should reconsider. Same with Admiral, honestly, and I could have added him but Barnes didn't recruit him (but he obviously developed him).

It's more like the lack of quality in the misses have been really bad. The quality of the hits has been great. I would rather have Williams/Fulkerson than Richards/Montgomery. I would argue he's had a harder time recruiting guards here based on how many of them are superstars, but that's potentially going to change - and even then, Bone was pretty great.

Reactions: cncchris33
The work done with and by the 2016 class is really impressive in hindsight...

Key reserve as a junior.

All-SEC and 2nd rd NBA Draft pick.

Transferred

SEC All-Freshman Team, 2x All-SEC, 2x SEC POY, Consensus All-American, 1st rd NBA Draft pick.

All-SEC

1300+ point scorer

That is some serious return on investment.

Yes, as a freshman. You think he’s hit his ceiling? You think he wouldn’t have played more minutes than ORN or Plavisc? You think Barnes has recruited a better post?
12 points a game as a Freshman in any league is very good. This guy could really be good by his Senior year.

VN Store

Back