DJ Burns on Rothsteins “Under the radar freshmen” list

Thought this was interesting. I didn't realize that we was one of the youngest players in basketball.

From Jamie Shaw

"Tennessee freshman DJ Burns graduated from York Prep (SC) early & enrolled as part of the 2018 Class at 17 years old. This makes Burns currently the 6th youngest player in NCAA Division 1 basketball "

Thought this was interesting. I didn't realize that we was one of the youngest players in basketball.

From Jamie Shaw

"Tennessee freshman DJ Burns graduated from York Prep (SC) early & enrolled as part of the 2018 Class at 17 years old. This makes Burns currently the 6th youngest player in NCAA Division 1 basketball "
Yeah, he reclassified and basically skipped his senior year of high school to enroll early.

Yeah, he reclassified and basically skipped his senior year of high school to enroll early.

Gonna be really helpful next year. Williams, Burns, and Walker a whole lot of beef on the front court next year

Gonna be really helpful next year. Williams, Burns, and Walker a whole lot of beef on the front court next year
Agreed. Don’t sleep on the disruption Fulk can cause on defense next year either. He still has a question mark as to the consistent offensive impact he can make, but when he’s healthy his defense is usually consistent and travels.

I’m hoping if nothing else, Kent will show signs this year too. That’s a nasty front court right there

Agreed. Don’t sleep on the disruption Fulk can cause on defense next year either. He still has a question mark as to the consistent offensive impact he can make, but when he’s healthy his defense is usually consistent and travels.

I’m hoping if nothing else, Kent will show signs this year too. That’s a nasty front court right there

I like Fulk and I think the injuries really hindered his progression last year. He’s the best passing big on the team and he has good touch around the rim. Needs to get stronger.

I have little hope Kent becomes anything here.

Reactions: Special Ed
You probably do too but I hope u and Special Ed eat those words. We don’t know anything about a big that can stretch the defense since Chism.

Oh I hope I’m wrong about Kent. I want all players here to succeed. But with another injury and with the depth we have (plus bringing in Pember) I’ll be shocked if he’s on the roster in July.

Oh I hope I’m wrong about Kent. I want all players here to succeed. But with another injury and with the depth we have (plus bringing in Pember) I’ll be shocked if he’s on the roster in July.
He may not be on the roster in July, I doubt it but let’s go with that. Bringing in Pember will have zero to do with him not being here.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
I could be wrong, but I think Pember will likely turn into the player that Barnes hoped Kent would be. Pember seems to be more athletic and flat out knock down the 3 consistently. Kent may evolve though, I still have hope.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I could be wrong, but I think Pember will likely turn into the player that Barnes hoped Kent would be. Pember seems to be more athletic and flat out knock down the 3 consistently. Kent may evolve though, I still have hope.
Pember seems to have the shooting ability that Kent supposedly has and the athleticism of Fulkerson. So, he may be a hybrid of those two players...hopefully the best parts of them without the injury limitations.

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back