Disturbing Kroger in Hendersonville

As long as the University feels like they are making enough money off the product they won’t seek to improve it.

Losing revenue like this is fine to them I guess. Keep trotting out garbage teams and watch the people eat it up. They got enough of your money and think “to hell with your state pride”.

Had to take a bathroom run at the Kroger in Hendersonville.

On the way to the unisex bathroom, I was shaken by what was on display in the little sports section.

I thought I had stumbled into a portal that spit me out in Tuscaloosa.

Nope. Just a few miles from the capitol city of the state of Tennessee.

The display was about 70% Bammer, some Predators maybe a couple Vol hats and Titans gear.

Bammer t shirts bammer hats about a thousand bammer note books. Bammer flags. Bammer car decals.

Are there that many bammer alum in Hendersonville? No way.

But are we at the point that Tennesseans are willingly jumping on the bammer bandwagon just because theyre good?

Is this what the Tennessee youth is doing? Are Tennessee alum even doing this? Just so they can watch a good team and enjoy Saturdays?

Its a disturbing indictment of where we are and an embarrassment that people are willing to sellout to those sister kissers.

We are still good in every sport other than football yall! We were number 1 in basketball a couple years ago! No reason to abandon orange for the menstruation tide!

Saw a bunch of Georgia hats in a Walmart and no vol anything in Goodlettsville the other day too!

Whats sacrilege is no more because for some darn reason we keep getting coaches that can't win with every advantage you could ask for in regards to facilities and tradition.

Anybody else seeing this great abandonment around?
Some of those people post on this board. They will come back in the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Not sure if y'all have Publix's up there.......but they got Kroger beat......only good thing about Florida outside the beaches. Plus they're a Christian store.

Anecdotal, but I think there's been a Bammer infestation in Nashville for some time. I don't think it is Bammer alums (although there could be some - Nash is a pretty short straight shot up I-65 from Birmingham). There are a lot of non-Tennesseans and non-southerners who live there now, so there could be something of a bandwagon effect. Everybody like to be associated with a winner.

It's an extremely powerful affect. My FIL was in Northern California a couple years ago and saw a man and woman sitting together at the bar in a restaurant. Both wearing Alabama gear. He's a big Tennessee fan and is the kind of guy who'd talk to a brick wall if he thought it'd listen, so he goes over and chats them up.

He finds out that they are both from the area and didn't know a thing about football, but their son was a current student at Alabama and he went there because he does like football. They said he watched all their games on TV, they basically always won, and wanted to go to school there because it looked like fun. When he told me that story it made me want to throw up.
Damn economy has given those filthy bammers upward mobility. Its a shame.

People are tired of watching the vols get curb stomped every time they step on the field with a good football team.

Planet volunteer,Bama stuff has been big in and around in Nashpatch since I graduated high school(1966).The Bear,playing for championships etc.Nothing new there.
Makes sense. Probably easier to get by supporting Bama in Vandyville than pulling for the Vols.

Alabama is #50 in education and 49 in quality of life. Bammers with half a brain get the hell out of that cesspool as quick as they can moving to Atlanta, Nashville , Charlotte and florida. Have to put up with them in Chattanooga because they have no place to work, ,play or get health care.

On the way to the unisex bathroom, I was shaken by what was on display in the little sports section.

The display was about 70% Bammer, some Predators maybe a couple Vol hats and Titans gear.

Bammer t shirts bammer hats about a thousand bammer note books. Bammer flags. Bammer car decals.

But are we at the point that Tennesseans are willingly jumping on the bammer bandwagon just because theyre good?

Is this what the Tennessee youth is doing? Are Tennessee alum even doing this? Just so they can watch a good team and enjoy Saturdays?

Its a disturbing indictment of where we are and an embarrassment that people are willing to sellout to those sister kissers.

We are still good in every sport other than football yall! We were number 1 in basketball a couple years ago! No reason to abandon orange for the menstruation tide!

Saw a bunch of Georgia hats in a Walmart and no vol anything in Goodlettsville the other day too!

Whats sacrilege is no more because for some darn reason we keep getting coaches that can't win with every advantage you could ask for in regards to facilities and tradition.

only time I see orange in bamaland is Halloween

Is this the point where I say the Nashville area is full of a bunch of pretentious frontrunners or do I bring up how Bridgestone Arena and Nissan Stadium were half empty when those teams stunk?

Nashville is still the only city where I have seen multiple people wear a Golden State shirt with a Bama hat in 1 day...
All the Eastern Cities are full of transplants who will pay 150k for a 2 bedroom house near town. They pick a team nearby and rah rah...lol. If I needed a 2 bedroom I wouldn't pay more than 80k for it. But, it's cheap for Californians and New Englanders.

It's amazing how much sport imitates life and what becomes acceptable.

There are plenty of folks, otherwise good Tennesseans, who went to a different SEC school, or have a kid who did. I think that explains a lot of it. I know I have a cousin who is an UGa fan (that's where she went to school), and my wife has an aunt who is a Bama fan (her husband is a Bama grad).

I hate it when a good Tennessean goes bad that way, but *shrug* it happens. And the couple of times I've found other-school merchandise in a store (once was Gator stuff at a 7-11, another time was UGa gear, don't remember what kind of store), I made a point to ask WTH. Both times, turned out the store manager/owner was a grad of the other school.

Pure bandwagon fans do exist, but I think school or family ties account for a lot of it.
Bandwagon mostly. Always been a lot of Bama fans in Tennessee, and then when basketball starts they change over to UK sweatshirts

Reactions: 91Vol and tbwhhs
Kroger exists to make money not prop up a dire football program.

It’s not surprising. Most fans have no real attachment to the universities. How many of these Bama fans do you think actually went to Bama? Some have grown up Bama fans bc of their parents but a lot are just fans of whoever is the front runner at the time.

I live in Chattanooga. I was driving through the Ridgecut one day and on the back of a pickup truck (forget from which state) a guy had stickers for the Patriots, the Yankees, the Warriors, and Alabama. No joke.

I do give Preds fans some credit though - they are more loyal than Titans fans. When the Preds stunk, they led a grassroots effort that played a large part in keeping the team in Nashville.

A lot of middle Tennessee kids go to Alabama. Most kids today associate Tennessee as a losing program. Even young adults.

I think this is where not having a John Ward-type announcer on the Vols Network is killing us. Used to listen John Ward while watching on tv. You watch tv with no sense of tradition, and you have to listen to everyone licking BAMA. Listening to Kesling is like listening to a time share presentation.

I have often thought that the true measure of a program are the hats on display in the sporting goods section of a store in Plant City, FL that I would occasionally make a pit stop at in order to relieve myself.

Reactions: BreatheUT

There are 2 Kroger's in Hendsreonville. I could swear thr bathrooms are mens and women's though.

But nobody for the most part in hendersonville cares about the Vols at all unless they are 40 plus and raised there.

Half the city is Yankees now and most people are more pro vandy than tn.

Losing does that.

20 years ago it was die hard orange. Not now.

This trend really started with Florida back when they were beating us almost every year. Locally there became a sudden influx of Gator flags, mailboxes, and other paraphernalia. It wasn't as prominent as the Bama stuff now, but it was still pretty obvious what was going on.

Reactions: NEO

NEWSFLASH: Tennessee residents have been giving up and putting the VOLs in their rear view mirrors by the thousands per year for several years now. Plus, UT seems incapable oh hiring a coach who will recruit in state. Fulmer did pretty much but not since.
I swear I believe there have been players recruited from other states that, if that same player had moved to Tennessee in the 8th grade, and EVERYTHING else was the same, he would not have been recruited.

Reactions: NEO

VN Store

Back