Did you graduate from UT? Degree?

This board is populated with a bunch of engineering nerds. Holy carp, you guys are everywhere.

Freak needs to make an engineer sub forum so yall can get your geek on.

BTW, i have an engineer daughter, son in law, and a chem E major enrolled at TTU. Hook a dad up with the 411 on jobs, yall.

Nope.

B.S. in History from TN Tech, 2009. But like Sociology, it's a worthless degree. Went back for a post-grad program and got a teaching license. Teaching Career Management in a prison now.

There's no way I could have actually gone to school at UT. Way too big, would have flunked out early.

Reactions: murfvol1
Yes, BS in Business Admin./Supply Chain Management. Got an MBA from Radford U..

Never attended UT, though it has always been my favorite school. Paradox, of sorts.

Bachelor degree from West Point (Engineering), masters from Indiana University (West European Studies) and US Army War College (Strategic Studies).
When were you in Carlisle?

Bachelor of Music in Music Ed. Proud to be an alumnus. My last game in the band was the national championship.

KUDOS! We sat right beside the Pride of the Southland Band at the NC.... honestly, the absolute best the band ever sounded. YOU did it! Thank you for helping to make that day the thrill of a lifetime.

Reactions: HalfullVol and AshG
There was no criminal justice major there from 1994 until when I graduated in 1999. It was a sociology degree with an emphasis in criminal justice, which is what I got
Me too. Class of 00 minor in Psych

BA in Philosophy - Christian Brothers University
MBA - Christian Brothers University
Executive Education - University of Notre Dame

Reactions: murfvol1
Never attended UT, though it has always been my favorite school. Paradox, of sorts.

Bachelor degree from West Point (Engineering), masters from Indiana University (West European Studies) and US Army War College (Strategic Studies).

Thank you for your service, sir. And for being a Tennessee Vol. We've talked back and forth on the board a few times. Glad to know a little more about you.... I finished UT Knoxville up to my Jr. English exams, Engineering... all night school. Had to work through... my Lord had a different plan - graduated from Thomas Road Baptist Bible Institute (now Liberty University). Been preaching for 45 years, but I can still read a slide rule... go figure.

BTW, 2nd. Lt. 30th Armored Division. Got the tee shirt, wore it out. Tennessee Military Academy alum.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see how many people do something related to their major. Mine kind of led me to where I am today but it’s completely unrelated
Most people don't use their actual degree for their entire career. I did electronics design work for a decade before moving to consulting and sales of electronics design software. Now I am sales management for the same type of software. Ironically I can explain what I do now easier than what I used to do!

Yes, BS Political Science degree in early 2000's. Came back to work for UT a few years later and got a (basically) free BS in Accounting and an MBA from UT-Martin. Itching to start a free PhD but that is a hefty time commitment while working full-time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back