Did we sell our full allotment of tix to Lexington?

Don't know about tickets, but we'll have ORANGE pants-nothing more need be said, it is a guaranteed win....
Even though there are those that say crap like "Buy your ticket Now, we're expecting a sell out....", there are PLENTY of tickets available-in almost every section of the stadium as of right now, 10 second worth of google.

It would be awesome to see more Orange than blue sitting in their stadium.

Proving how well our fans travel might also have some impact on which bowl game we go to.

VFL...GBO!!!

It would be awesome to see a Vol victory regardless of how many Vol fans show up. It is a known fact Vol fans travel well. Lets win.....

Lots of stadiums these days with plenty of empty seats. I was at UT last week for Homecoming and maybe 50-60K were there.
I can assure you there was more than 60,000 fans at the game last week. I know because I was there and stayed the entire game. There may have been 50,000 fans there with 7:00 left in 4th quarter!!!

I can assure you there was more than 60,000 fans at the game last week. I know because I was there and stayed the entire game. There may have been 50,000 fans there with 7:00 left in 4th quarter!!!

Upper deck was 40 percent filled at most. Anyone saying otherwise either never looked up or wasn’t there.

Upper deck seats what, 40k? If lower was near capacity and half the upper was full that’s 80k +/-

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Upper deck was 40 percent filled at most. Anyone saying otherwise either never looked up or wasn’t there.
I was in section Q and almsot the lower bowl was full and I would say at least half of upper was full. How many fit in lower level, 50-60,000 or so?

I was in section Q and almsot the lower bowl was full and I would say at least half of upper was full. How many fit in lower level, 50-60,000 or so?

Wow we were sitting right next to each other then. I was near the lady who kept putting up 3 fingers on every third down.

I think lower holds 50 and upper holds 50 since one side goes up higher. I agree bottom was almost full and upper was half full. I guess that’s where I got 50-60.

It wasn’t a sell out though.

Wow we were sitting right next to each other then. I was near the lady who kept putting up 3 fingers on every third down.

I think lower holds 50 and upper holds 50 since one side goes up higher. I agree bottom was almost full and upper was half full. I guess that’s where I got 50-60.

It wasn’t a sell out though.

M-A-T-H Neo....let's focus here.

If the bottom holds 50 and is "almost full"...what is that #?

If the upper holds 50 and is "half full"...what is that #?

Then the trick is to add the two numbers together.

During the Florida game, last year, not this year, as we did not play FL at home this year (the highest attendance game of the year) we had 88,000, last week we did NOT have that big a crowd. You can not go by the number of tickets sold, that means nothing-unless you are the AD. During the Florida game, we had sold 100,000 tickets-no correlation between number sold and number attending (obviously the number will never be larger in reverse). My guess is 70,000 in attendance.
reason for edit: some were confused, as we did not play fl this year, in Neyland-hope this clears things up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol

It was far from a sell out.

Beyond that everything else is semantics.

Funneeee post!
Bottom holds 50 and is "almost full", let's say 90% of that-45,000
Upper hold 50 and is "half full" =25,000
45,000+25,000= 70,000
Our ATTENDANCE numbers keep dropping, year after year. The AD is coming up with a new plan to make the "experience" a good one, even if the team is not winning, such as places to plug in your I-phone, and better food, etc., a real social event-taking the eye off winning. This will most likely be done at the expense of some available seating; however, for years we've heard from various UT Top Dogs, "I'll will never go below 100,000". In any case it is pure business, 30,000+empty seats=Large $$$$$ of potential income lost. Maybe half-time mud wrestling could bring in more ticket buyers. The sure way to increase the number of butts in seats, is simple, Winning. It has always worked in the past, and still works in other SEC schools (and others) it should still work here.

VN Store

Back