Did UT just pull a fast one?

wmcovol

I heard UT is due a rather large insurance payment for not being able to play in Liberty Bowl due to Covid. Anyone?

Reactions: VolAllen
Yes! I did see that. The clause in the policy states that if the team is deemed unable to play due to circumstances beyond their reasonable effort to mitigate, they are due a sum of money. This money will be delivered in a stainless steel briefcase by Gruden at the same time he signs a contract to coach Tennessee Vols football.

Yes! I did see that. The clause in the policy states that if the team is deemed unable to play due to circumstances beyond their reasonable effort to mitigate, they are due a sum of money. This money will be delivered in a stainless steel briefcase by Gruden at the same time he signs a contract to coach Tennessee Vols football.

I suspected it was alittle to bright for UT administration

Reactions: tbh and tn4elvis
To be left on the front porch of Funk & Wagnall's?

Attachments

• th-4.jpeg
    th-4.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 2
In this year of basketball optimism, this football off season has the potential to have the biggest fan apathy ever. Just not looking forward to 2021..."We done some good things out there today but had about 4-5 plays that I reckon we shouldn't have done which cost us a win, aight? We've got some young guys out there and it's my job to coach them better, even though I should have corrected stuff after the first game, and it's the 10th game."

Soon.

I heard UT is due a rather large insurance payment for not being able to play in Liberty Bowl due to Covid. Anyone?
Link?

Because the insurer is, doing due diligence, going to want to review COVID tests, protocols, and perhaps give their own tests before paying a multi-million dollar settlement. A few thousand in testing vs a few million in payouts.

Insurance companies don't play.

Link?

Because the insurer is, doing due diligence, going to want to review COVID tests, protocols, and perhaps give their own tests before paying a multi-million dollar settlement. A few thousand in testing vs a few million in payouts.

Insurance companies don't play.

Agree. I’ve been in the insurance business for a long time. They didn’t get rich paying bogus claims.

Agree. I’ve been in the insurance business for a long time. They didn’t get rich paying bogus claims.
For sure. And perhaps there ARE multiple COVID cases and exposures inside the program.

An insurance payout, for me, would put to rest the "we ducked the bowl, satisfied the SEC, etc" theory. Insurers say "prove it" before they pay a few million to anyone.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
No one would underwrite a policy like that. Plus, if Fulmer knew of COVID test results prior to accepting the bid then denying the claim would be pretty easy for the adjudicator.

Reactions: amorange

Reactions: Birdiemantx

VN Store

Back