Did The Vols Get Jobbed?

Now I can agree with dumping Sankey. He’s been commissioner for 3 yrs. He’s tainted the football championship 3 yrs ago allowing Florida to bail on the LSU game. Now, the basketball season has been a cluster-uck with corrupt refs, coaches and bought players. 3 teams in the league have been mentioned in the FBI probe. (Aub, Ala and LSU). Now your league champion is on death row. Meanwhile, what good has he done?

Too bad Tennessee leadership doesn’t have any balls. They should raise total hell but won’t.
The SEC is a cash cow with foot and mouth disease and infects everyone and everything it comes in contact with!

Who is #1 seed in the SECT and beat the #2 and #3 seeds? Can’t be more clear than that.

They only played the 2&3 teams once when 2&3 played twice. In fact, only played each top 5 teams only once. Sorry, that’s not clear to me.

2-0 (LSU) > 1-2 (UK) > 1-2 (UT) versus SEC top-3... sorry, can't get any more clear than that.
LSU could have easily lost to Ky in BR and UT in Knox IF they’d played. They didn’t. I’d much rather be the team only playing 2 games vs the top 3 than the team playing 3 vs the top 3. Especially if 2 were on the road.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
2-0 (LSU) > 1-2 (UK) > 1-2 (UT) versus SEC top-3... sorry, can't get any more clear than that.
The only difference between LSU and Tennessee was the head to head game in Baton Rouge... Surely you can see that it was to their benefit not to have played in Knoxville. The schedule worked in their favor.

Another Conspiracy Theory. Winning makes for Strange Bedfellows. Gone are the days when sanity reigned supreme, you know, back when we were losing. Oh yeah, then it was the BUBBLE Conspiracy.

LSu shouldnt be allowed to play in post season when the SEC and NCAA knows they are cheaters. They are under investigation by the FBI for god sakes.
You can't punish a team for alligations. There has to be a process that proves them guilty. They will get hammered but not this season.

Reactions: 08Vol
All the more reason why winning against Auburn was kind of important - but we didn't get it done. Oh well . . . this team can handle the challenge, and I'm hopeful that they will. GO VOLS!

This could all still play out in our favor. We are certainly off the #1 seed line in NCAA as of this moment. Beat MS State, UK, and LSU and I'd bet 3 paychecks we get that elusive #1 seed. Especially when 2 of 3 ACC powerhouses end their tourny with a loss. With that said, it will be hard to do so and I'm not holding my breath.
Watch, Zion will come back and Duke will breeze through the ACC tournament, UNC/UVa won't drop becuase they got beat by Duke, and Duke will skyrocket to 4th for the final rankings. UT will be watching from the 2 slot in 5th place even with an SEC Tournament Championship.

OK !!! I agree with you. (am not going to disagree with a guy with "guns" like those in your picture, I may be a big mouth at times, but no fool):rolleyes:

Reactions: tn4elvis
I think the 3 seed works out better for UT. UT handled Miss. St. with relative ease on Sr. night while UT struggled vs. Ole Miss and Bama.

Any time someone says to not worry about a team I point to 2008.
March 9th the Vols win the SEC on senior day by beating SCAR by 33.
5 days later on March 14th, SEC tourney in ATL, Vols beat SCAR by 2 when Lofton hits a 3 with 11 seconds to go giving the Vols the lead.

You can't punish a team for alligations. There has to be a process that proves them guilty. They will get hammered but not this season.
What about when the proof is included as part of the allegation itself? The Yahoo! report is so damning because it specifies actual evidence from a seemingly unassailable 3rd party (the FBI). This is an unprecedented situation for the NCAA because "the process", as you put it, involves external legal action. There isn't much work left for the NCAA to do.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back