Did The Vols Get Jobbed?

True. Best thing that can happen for everyone involved is that LSU lose early in both tourneys. If he paid for Smart then he probably tried to pay for Waters or Reid. If so they are dirty too. Unfortunately for them, they are being associated with it whether it happened or not. I feel sorry for them and their family if they are clean.

You could be right, however I doubt he's only dirty with Smart. You're just suddenly going to stick your entire life on the line for one player, never done anything like it in the past?
I mean the recording sounds like another day of cutting deals.
Maybe it was his first attempt to pay a kid, the family.................but I doubt it

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The VOLS had every opportunity to control their destiny to this point, except the LSU game. Their big heads got in the way during the Kansas game, Kentucky punched them in the mouth and they didn't recover well, and from what I heard they didn't defend the 3 ball against Auburn (have not watched it yet). It's a losers mentality to blame the seeding on anyone but the themselves.

With that said, go win the SEC tournament outright and this all goes away. GBO!

Reactions: 08Vol
Temorarily jobbed by fatigue and the pressure of supporting expectations. This is still a final four/ SEC champion caliber team.

Just go out and beat who is in front of you. Stop losing games to teams with missing starters. Bad calls or not. It's step up or step out time now.

It did not appear that this was a first time thing for Coach Wade. It would likely be several players on his team.
And I predict LSU won’t even fire him. I’m sure they are huddling now to find a way to let the fervor and stench die down and then justify a disciplinary warning, if that.

That LSU game and the biased, incompetent officiating still has me bothered. Not to mention the whiny, crooked head coach and player or players on his team receiving money under the table. The league looks bad and has shown no administrative control over these situations. Heads should roll starting with Sankey!

Now I can agree with dumping Sankey. He’s been commissioner for 3 yrs. He’s tainted the football championship 3 yrs ago allowing Florida to bail on the LSU game. Now, the basketball season has been a cluster-uck with corrupt refs, coaches and bought players. 3 teams in the league have been mentioned in the FBI probe. (Aub, Ala and LSU). Now your league champion is on death row. Meanwhile, what good has he done?

Too bad Tennessee leadership doesn’t have any balls. They should raise total hell but won’t.

LSU should be disqualified from the SEC and NCAA Tournament as it's obvious that their soon to be former coach cheated to win.

With that said, we screwed ourselves over. On Saturday, we still controlled our own destiny and could have won the SEC by beating Auburn. We were beating them in the first half. I don't know if we were looking ahead or what, but we sleepwalked through the second half and let the Tigers beat us. Can't do that against a Bruce Pearl team.

It was ours to win and we blew it. Now to redeem ourselves and win the SEC Tournament.

And how else would you do it? Ky beat Tenn by 17, Tennessee beat Ky by 19, would that do it? That is weak. Ky beat Auburn twice, Tennessee lost to Auburn once. That is the typical way all tie breakers happen after head-to-head match up. Like it or not, KY played a tougher SEC schedule, and beat the 5th place team and Tennessee didnt. That's fair cause that is how its always been done. You know how ties are broken to begin with.

Yeah. These rules were in place before the season. We knew what to do. Didn't do it.

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
Someone posted in the last UK thread that this would be the scenario. They wanted Rd 3 and it looks like they’ll get it

T

Tennessee jobbed themselves.

UT should be in the 1 seed and champions. They had LSU, without Waters, on the ropes and let AU stay close until they finally got hot. Great chance to be the SEC champion. Now they have another shot at it. LSU is a wild card now, they could lose the 1st round.

Not that there's a discernable difference between the 2 and 3 seed in this case, but doesn't it seem kind of silly that the seeding is determined by looking at the record against the top seeded teams down instead of the bottom up? Like if we had lost to Vanderbilt and beaten Auburn we would be the 2 seed.... Isn't a loss to Auburn "better" than a loss to Alabama? Lol

I see your point. But, the opposite sounds bad too. At least it's not like a 3 way tie for the East/West in FB, where the "highest ranked" team goes(did go?) to the seccg. How do you like the AP or Coaches Assistants Poll determining that seeding. LOL.

Lame excuse. So why are we more tired than any other team?

I think our team wins on effort, moreso than talent. Kentucky and LSU can coast for much of the game, and still win. I think LSU has done that all season long.

It is more a mental thing than physical probably anyway. We have been the team with a bullseye on us all year.

And I predict LSU won’t even fire him. I’m sure they are huddling now to find a way to let the fervor and stench die down and then justify a disciplinary warning, if that.

Even as good as our team is playing, I think I would lose a lot of interest in college basketball if they let this one slide. This would be on the level of the UNC academic "scandal" if they are allowed to sweep it under the rug.

LSU is the best team in the conference, they proved it on the court, but unfortunately (for them), also appear to be the highest paid team as well.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Even as good as our team is playing, I think I would lose a lot of interest in college basketball if they let this one slide. This would be on the level of the UNC academic "scandal" if they are allowed to sweep it under the rug.
It would be much worse than letting the UNC academic scandal slide. The NCAA Committee on Infractions can claim that they have no jurisdiction over university system-wide academic fraud but they certainly do have jurisdiction over an SEC head basketball coach discussing an offer for an inducement to a high school recruit with an agent on an FBI recorded phone call. This is exactly the kind of case which justifies their very existence. There is not one reason they shouldn't throw the book at LSU and Will Wade over this.

LSU is the best team in the conference, they proved it on the court, but unfortunately (for them), also appear to be the highest paid team as well.

LSU had the best record after end of 18 SEC games. They didnt prove they were the best team.

Reactions: BowlBrother85

VN Store

Back