Did i hear this right?

Do you know anything about baseball? Pitchers do not change their arm speed on breaking or off speed pitches. They don't slow their arms down or anything about their physical exertion on those pitches.

Ok then how were they not giving "max effort" prior to this century? Were those guys slowing their arm down for off speed/breaking balls?

Note: I agree that they try to keep their motion the same.

Reactions: Vol423
Ok then how were they not giving "max effort" prior to this century? Were those guys slowing their arm down for off speed/breaking balls?

Note: I agree that they try to keep their motion the same.
No - they just weren't going 100% physical exertion with each every pitch. They do today.

No - they just weren't going 100% physical exertion with each every pitch. They do today.

So if they used the same motion with the same arm speed for every pitch tell me again how they weren't going 100% physical exertion?

It could very well come back to bite them. He probably taxed his arm to the max with that. The pitches might not have alot of life in them later. it only takes a small difference between getting someone out and the ball getting nailed.

So if they used the same motion with the same arm speed for every pitch tell me again how they weren't going 100% physical exertion?
Because they were giving something like 80 or 90% of their max physical exertion with every pitch instead of 100% max effort. Their arm speed was consistent with every pitch but they weren't going max physical exertion with every pitch.

Because they were giving something like 80 or 90% of their max physical exertion with every pitch instead of 100% max effort. Their arm speed was consistent with every pitch but they weren't going max physical exertion with every pitch.
You're an idiot if you believe that. So, you admit that their arm speed was consistent regardless of the type of pitch. However, you are now arguing that they were throwing all of their pitches at a consistent level of effort of 80% to 90%. Nolan Ryan and Randy Johnson must really think the pitchers today are pansies because they apparently were able to throw 100+ plus mph fastballs while only exerting 80%-90% effort.

Reactions: hog88
You're an idiot if you believe that. So, you admit that their arm speed was consistent regardless of the type of pitch. However, you are now arguing that they were throwing all of their pitches at a consistent level of effort of 80% to 90%. Nolan Ryan and Randy Johnson must really think the pitchers today are pansies because they apparently were able to throw 100+ plus mph fastballs while only exerting 80%-90% effort.
Just imagine what Randy Johnson would have done to that poor bird had he not been throwing at only 80%-90% effort. :)

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back