Did Anyone Wonder....

volswin08

"A Real Vol Fan"
about one of the Lady Vols being allowed to be interviewed during the halftime of the game? It would have certainly been a distraction to me....:popcorn:

about one of the Lady Vols being allowed to be interviewed during the halftime of the game? It would have certainly been a distraction to me....:popcorn:

They had bigger problems than that. I doubt that provided a distraction for the WHOLE team.

Pat nailed it on the head (no pun intended about her maiden name) when she was asked, "What seems to be the biggest problem that you see right now as you head into the locker room?" She said, "3 for 30." I think it was also not a big distraction for the whole team. They all had too many issues last night, and ND put together a much better and more complete team game, and they were the better team last night. Even though we didn't play like we normally do, I commend ND for getting their first win EVER against the UTLV.

I'm sure, as soon as she walked into the locker room, Glory forgot about having ever given the 30 second interview.

I am sick of how TV (ESPN in particular) dictates the way these games are played just to improve their program. It is bad enough we have to be subjected to these before-and-after halftime quickie meaningless interviews with the coaches when they are leaving or entering the field/court. Now during timeouts they go and drag the coach away from the huddle and now we are interviewing players at halftime.

I guess P.T. Barnum would eat his heart out.

I'm sure, as soon as she walked into the locker room, Glory forgot about having ever given the 30 second interview.

I would think that all interviews are pre-arranged. I think that if I knew I would be talking on national TV at the half, my mind would be on that to some degree ...

Yeah, you could tell the LV's really enjoyed being ridiculed on national TV. "Thank you ma'am, can I have another!" Loads of fun. It's one thing to do it behind closed doors where its just the team and accountability to each other rules. It's quite another to do it in front of millions of people. That makes it all about Pat and showtime. I found the whole thing low class and disgusting.

VN Store

Back