Did anyone hear what Holly was yelling at the officials at the end of the game?

From the letter I read from CPF, Holly is safe, she has a young team.
Not sure where Tennessee is such a young team.
Meme Jackson, and Cheridene Green are seniors
Evina Westbrook, Rennia Davis and Kasiyahna Kushkituah are sophomores.
Zaay Green is the only freshman that starts.
4+4+2+2+1= 13 points
Next year.
Evina Westbrook, Rennia Davis and Kasiyahna Kushkituah are juniors.
Zaay Green is the only sophomore that starts.
Jordan Horston probably the only freshman that starts.
Seniors =4 points
Junior = 3 points
sophomore = 2 points
freshman = 1 point
3+3+3+2+1 = 12 points
we will be 1 point younger next year.

That is the worse excuse in the universe with the talent on this team. A&M has the youngest team in the SEC, they have one super star, however, they are doing fine. That is called player development and coaching.
That’s what they say, but they aren’t. We ran the players by class after hearing that at ATM, and they did not match up. We’re younger. Not excusing or accusing, but the data did not match their claim of being the youngest.

That’s what they say, but they aren’t. We ran the players by class after hearing that at ATM, and they did not match up. We’re younger. Not excusing or accusing, but the data did not match their claim of being the youngest.

TAMU's Wells, Carter, Jones and Johnson are all sophomores. Washington is a junior. Only Carter played over 15 minutes a game last season. This is the first season that transfers Johnson and Washington have played with TAMU. They also lost their 2nd leading sophomore scorer to a season ending injury earlier in the season.

Jackson and London are seniors, Davis and Westbrook are sophomores and Green is a freshman. Three are returning starters.

TAMU is just as young and more inexperienced. I'm not sure how you're factoring in that Tennessee is younger, unless you count the bench because Tennessee plays deeper into their bench whereas TAMU relies predominantly on their starters.

Reactions: BUBear and Momto2
Not sure where Tennessee is such a young team.
Meme Jackson, and Cheridene Green are seniors
Evina Westbrook, Rennia Davis and Kasiyahna Kushkituah are sophomores.
Zaay Green is the only freshman that starts.
4+4+2+2+1= 13 points
Next year.
Evina Westbrook, Rennia Davis and Kasiyahna Kushkituah are juniors.
Zaay Green is the only sophomore that starts.
Jordan Horston probably the only freshman that starts.
Seniors =4 points
Junior = 3 points
sophomore = 2 points
freshman = 1 point
3+3+3+2+1 = 12 points
we will be 1 point younger next year.
This is just one of CHW go to excuses after a loss.Not once have I heard her take responsibility for a loss.

Even giving us the benefit of the doubt, we should not be losing to Vandy, Arkansas, Bama, etc., we should have a coach who knows how to manage her timeouts, can figure out how to remove the welcome mat in the paint, have a coach who, during her pressers, quit throwing her players under the bus while looking delusional and clueless, realize you can't coach effort but you can demand it and a key to winning is having the ability to inspire.

said she was updating her wardrobe for next season
$
are you implying that she wears the same thing every game?

Even giving us the benefit of the doubt, we should not be losing to Vandy, Arkansas, Bama, etc., we should have a coach who knows how to manage her timeouts, can figure out how to remove the welcome mat in the paint, have a coach who, during her pressers, quit throwing her players under the bus while looking delusional and clueless, realize you can't coach effort but you can demand it and a key to winning is having the ability to inspire.

I don’t believe a coach can make you want to win. If you don’t box out and play defense, They shot 50% and score 40 in the paint. I know you all want to dash Holly but I don’t see effort on the part of some of our players and the bench save Mimi doesn’t continue the effort. I see that Holly has been trying to give playing time to her freshmen to develope them but desire cannot be coached. You have to have pride to make you layups and don’t allow your man to roam thru the lane at will. It takes heart to get in the face of a superior athlete and give it your all defensively. If these traits could be coached every team would have it Players with a nonchalant attitude will not get it done. Attitude is mental prospective and without intensity and pride the attitude is that of a defeatist.

Reactions: PG1
There's no such thing as a young team in March. You've had your players for 20+ games and 100+ practices. "Young" excuses a slow start, not a disaster down the stretch.

I don’t believe a coach can make you want to win. If you don’t box out and play defense, They shot 50% and score 40 in the paint. I know you all want to dash Holly but I don’t see effort on the part of some of our players and the bench save Mimi doesn’t continue the effort. I see that Holly has been trying to give playing time to her freshmen to develope them but desire cannot be coached. You have to have pride to make you layups and don’t allow your man to roam thru the lane at will. It takes heart to get in the face of a superior athlete and give it your all defensively. If these traits could be coached every team would have it Players with a nonchalant attitude will not get it done. Attitude is mental prospective and without intensity and pride the attitude is that of a defeatist.
Uh Oh! Careful! Some folks on this board don't won't to hear that the players share some of the responsibility for playing bad! I agree with your post!

Reactions: OrangenSC

What you say is right, no doubt, however, have you noticed that the same things have been happening over and over again for the last 7 years, and how it seems to be getting worse? We seem to be the only top program recruiting nonchalant lazy top players. Have the players made mistakes and played like deer looking into headlights, no doubt, however, it is incumbent upon the head coach to right the ship. It reaches a point that something has to be done, either you recruit differently or you coach differently, or you change the head. You cannot simply just blame everything on the players.

Reactions: vol24/7/365
I bet you're wrong.

I jumped right on that false statement too. Anyone that's ever played the game past elementary or rec league knows the truth. Coaching matters in all aspects of basketball.

Ask any of the men's players about where they'd be without Barnes. Ask any of Pat's players the same question.

As a coach I did it many times. A coach has to know the psychology of the game as well the X's and O's. A good coach has to have the ability to drive the best out of their players.

We are not talking motivation to win here. We are talking about schemes tactics and that sort of thing. How do you put Heart in someone?

How, I would like to know. How do you make a person want to improve themselves, when they already know they are the best.

Can a coach make you want to lose?
if one isn't true the other can't be
Key word is want

Can a coach make you a winner
if so
they have to be able to make you want to win

As far as they're the best
first of all, they have to have a coach they can't impress
To get them to be their best you have to constantly point out flaws, while inspiring them and training them to overcome them

This isn't philosophy
it is what I have been doing for 37 years

Last edited:
We are not talking motivation to win here. We are talking about schemes tactics and that sort of thing. How do you put Heart in someone?

that you don't do

As Pat Summitt said right in front of me at an SEC womens tourney in 1996..."I will teach you everything but to love my game,,if I have to teach you to love my game,,I don't want you"

"heart" is love
think of how hard you will fight for something you love

VN Store

Back