Did anyone else notice how much weight Casey Clausen has gained????

Yeah, I always wonder how he couldn't outrun those guys to the endzone. He had a big gap between he and anyone else and just got caught from behind. He had no problem outrunning the Auburn players in the 04 SECCG before it was called back because of a hold or something.

I thought that was Gerald Riggs Jr?

Clausen looks terrible.....

ComicBookGuy.jpg

Yes. Riggs ended up having a huge game yardage-wise, but it was really helped out by his 80 yard TD run.

I remeber Riggs beating his chest like crazy after the 80 yard TD run. That TD run happened early in the 3rd quarter, I believe.

Aside from Peyton, Casey is probably my favorite Vol QB. He was a tough man. I realized watching EA constantly throw the ball away this year just how much I missed him. One of the only times I have stood in line to get autographs at the O&W game was Casey's senior year, and he was very nice and kidded with my son while getting his picture taken with him, made my little boy feel special so I will always appreciate that. One year we couldnt stand in the line and we had hung around after the O&W game because Adiddas was shooting some stuff for ads and commercials and we thought it would be neat, which it was, but there was only a handful of us left, and in between CPF walked over and talked to us a bungh, but Heath Shular was also there along with Condredge Holloway, and we asked for their autograph, and heath just acted like he didnt hear us even though he was standing with Condredge, and Condredge walked right over and signed stuff and actually stood there and talked to us for a bit.

It has been mentioned in this thread already, but it bears repeating: Casey's legacy would be as "THE MAN" if he had managed to win an SEC and gotten a shot at the national title. As it is, there is a lot of he said she said about his character. Honestly, he came off as a bit arrogant, and think that is why people disliked him so much. Vol fans don't seem to care for that west coast attitude.[/quote]
I'd label this culturally inept.

Aside from Peyton, Casey is probably my favorite Vol QB. He was a tough man. I realized watching EA constantly throw the ball away this year just how much I missed him. One of the only times I have stood in line to get autographs at the O&W game was Casey's senior year, and he was very nice and kidded with my son while getting his picture taken with him, made my little boy feel special so I will always appreciate that. One year we couldnt stand in the line and we had hung around after the O&W game because Adiddas was shooting some stuff for ads and commercials and we thought it would be neat, which it was, but there was only a handful of us left, and in between CPF walked over and talked to us a bungh, but Heath Shular was also there along with Condredge Holloway, and we asked for their autograph, and heath just acted like he didnt hear us even though he was standing with Condredge, and Condredge walked right over and signed stuff and actually stood there and talked to us for a bit.

This has fascinated me since I was a teenager. But what is the deal with asking celebs for their autograph? I don't get anything out of it and I don't understand what the big deal is anymore.

Just curious

This has fascinated me since I was a teenager. But what is the deal with asking celebs for their autograph? I don't get anything out of it and I don't understand what the big deal is anymore.

Just curious

Give me your address and I'll send you personalized CPF and CDC autographs to go in your collection.

Give me your address and I'll send you personalized CPF and CDC autographs to go in your collection.

No thanks...

And besides, that still doesn't answer my question about what the fascination is. Is it because you can be able to walk around at the bar and say, "Look... I got Casey Clausen's autograph"? :crazy:

No thanks...

And besides, that still doesn't answer my question about what the fascination is. Is it because you can be able to walk around at the bar and say, "Look... I got Casey Clausen's autograph"? :crazy:

A signed photo makes for a nice decoration. Plus kids like that stuff. I doubt this guy's kid is walking around a bar bragging about having Condredge Holloway's autograph.

Just curious

Well I agree with you, an autograph means squat to me, but it does add value to things and does make for nice decoration, but as a kid, it means something to get an autograph.

I heard he's gaining a lot of weight to do a series of weight loss commercials like that fat actress from Cheers.

Me, I40VOL, and potsguy were walking from the Dome to the CNN center about 2 hours before kickoff saturday and looked up to see Casey Clausen walking towards us. When we went by him, I patted him on the shoulder and I40VOL said there's Casey Clausen. Clausen smirked as he went by and never even slowed down to acknowledge us. I noticed that he has gained a considerable amount of weight(especially in his face). Does anyone know what he is doing these days?
Me, too...and I don't feel as pretty.

What happened to the days of Shuler, Manning and Martin. Manning and Shuler are my all time favorite QBs at TN. Never was much on Casey even though he had a good career at TN. He was the beginning of our dunk the passess type of plays. Cant remember him having the Long Ball abilities of Manning or Shuler. Ainge has had a decent year but not super star status.

VN Store

Back