Did anyone catch the comment Fulmer made on ESPN?

I think that probably only happens if we lose.

I don't care who starts. I will leave that up to Fulmer and trust his judgement.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 18, 2005 12:11 AM
Honestly, I just want an SEC championship.
[snapback]127779[/snapback]​

You and me both, but even if we fell on our faces, I'll still be proud to be a Vol, however there's nothing wrong with dreaming.

But you're right humility has always been a strong suit of the Vols, and all that matters is we give our all for Tennessee,

Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 18, 2005 1:15 AM
I don't care who starts. I will leave that up to Fulmer and trust his judgement.
[snapback]127787[/snapback]​

I'll second that. If Rick can perform against the faster secondaries...so be it, but I've only see him play against one fast secondary and that was Auburn.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@Aug 18, 2005 12:14 AM
I certainly hope that you people aren't gonna piss and moan when/if Rick IS named the starter.  I really hate when Tennessee fans question every move Fulmer and staff make.  I would be fine with Hardegree starting as long as we are winning.  I know some people though that would come on here and go on and on about how "if PHil would just listen to me, and start Ainge, we'd be winning by 100 instead of 50".  *sarcasam off*
[snapback]127784[/snapback]​

I'm actually pulling for Rick, but I really think Phil will go with Ainge.

I to see Rick starting. Not to wizz on anyone's hopes, Ainge is just yards away.

Ive also felt if he came in and competed he'd win the first gig.
Now that said "I believe Rick starts" does not mean Ainge wont start against Fla.

Toss out the 2 QB idea's, But it is just that.

IMO the staff believes Rick can do the job, If he comes out saturday eve as he has since spring he starts against Uab.

The starter is on a week/game to game basis?

I know for a fact BS was ready as can be for the KY Game last yr.
He wasnt in favor of the staff for reasons we all know now. So we had to take KY to the wire. Then we or the staff had no options couldnt send in BS, He doesnt go to class. Rick didnt have a problem, some dropped balls, and our D must have been on a early Bowl vacation?

Munoz was able and fit for time but' I feel like he had been protected because of the draft and NFL combines? That only led to a more wear and tear, Tough group of O-line. I caught hell for saying our O should be great this year. I stick with that.
Rob Smith is about the toughest, smartest O lineman in the country. "God Given Talent"
I could be very wrong? But i see Rick Ainge at QB until, Who ever lays the nasty on Bama.

Rick is your starter. But Ainge will see lots of PT. It's really a good situation for us with a 5th year senior, loaded with football knowlege, leadership ability and respect to start the season and in the mean-while tutoring the next UT great QB. Ainge will have some solid stats by season end and will be a huge asset for the next 2 years (barring injury to Rick this year). Ainge is the far superior physical talent, and is gaining on the mental side of the game. It's all good IMO.

If Rick starts and struggles even a little bit, people will be screaming for Ainge.

However, if Ainge starts he will receive more patience from the fans.

VN Store

Back