Dick's House of Sport

My contribution to the juvenile humor:

Was in Knoxville recently, remembered to bring my clubs along but forgot my damn shoes so I went there to buy the cheapest golf shoes they had. My BiL asked where I got them and I said, “I went to the big Dick’s store at the mall.”

The ’s disappears into the s in store and brings the desired response. Tee hee.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I love the podcast concept, and will listen. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting the really big Dick’s. The last four words in that sentence are now a running joke with my wife, kids, and their cousins. Bought a bunch of gear for the kids’ camps and seasons. Tossed the football and kicked the soccer ball. Used the batting cage. Used the golf simulators - kudos to the CEO for reading the room and expanding it.

I would STRONGLY recommend educating your staff about how to get involved with youth sports and rec leagues in the region. We asked several staff, and almost everyone was completely clueless, save one kid who played AYSO locally.

I have a friend who’s a single mom moving to Knoxville in a couple weeks. She’s looking for soccer for her 6 year old, which is a surefire way to connect with other families in a new place. You’re often the first stop for unconnected families moving to town, and there’s ever more of those each day. You can help them make Knoxville a long term home.

Suggestions:

1. Add uprights - actual or painted on the wall outdoors.

2. Interview Scott Stallings and partner with Kids Play Free initiative, and Knoxville First Tee.

3. Do an interview with leaders at AYSO, KYSO, Club Crush, and others about the status of youth soccer in Knoxville

4. Do the same for other youth sports - baseball, basketball, football.

5. Get Bobby Maze on yesterday.

Here's my latest episode with Jabari Davis and a Maryville College coach. Juice was great! He talked about his dominant game vs. Florida in 2003. To Change Lives Through Football - House of Sport

If you didn't hear it yet, I had Scott Stallings on to talk about Kids Play Free and a few other things.

I'm having One Knoxville SC and FC Alliance on for my next ep.

Reactions: kcvols1 and MAD
I went looking for a kayak carrier. Over 100,000sq ft building & 20 different kayaks but no carrier to get them home. so disappointed. lame

VN Store

Back