Dickie V showing the Vols some love

Not that it means anything at all, but Andy Katz and Steve Smith both picked us to make it to the championship game.

He picked Tennessee to win it all. Lawd, I hope he right.

If he is, I’ll buy the top 100 Dickie V game tapes and listen to them all!

Reactions: Jonboy
He picked Tennessee to win it all. Lawd, I hope he right.

If he is, I’ll buy the top 100 Dickie V game tapes and listen to them all!
From what I saw he has Tennessee in the championship, but losing to Duke.

Well of course he does. He can't pick against his blue ball boy's
Well truthfully if I had Tennessee going to the final vs Duke, I would have Duke winning...... if I were being serious and logical and not blinded by my love for the Vols. Now I am not saying that everyone else should feel the same just my thoughts.

He's right. Can't believe people are worried about freakin' Cinci, Nova, or Virginia. Best case scenario for us IMO. I don't want to play Purdue but playing Virginia would be awesome.

Well Purdue does make 9 to 10 3’s per game, but they do not rebound well, they don’t shoot it particularly well, and they are not a great D team.......heck they are in the 80’s in FG%D and Tennessee shoots the ball well anyway. Not sure this is a bad matchup for Tennessee at all.

We aren’t the team to beat in any bracket. Not sure how anyone could take our chances seriously after choking twice with hardware on the line.

However, that is exactly what could (should) give our guys a chip on their shoulders. This team has the ability to run deep in March Madness. They just haven’t shown that they can actually show up for a championship. In that situation, they seem to disappear. But if the team can pull it together and string a few of those nasty, hard-nosed performances together, look out!

I’m very hopeful ... just not optimistic. But that’s part of what makes March Madness great. You never know what will happen.

We aren’t the team to beat in any bracket. Not sure how anyone could take our chances seriously after choking twice with hardware on the line.

However, that is exactly what could (should) give our guys a chip on their shoulders. This team has the ability to run deep in March Madness. They just haven’t shown that they can actually show up for a championship. In that situation, they seem to disappear. But if the team can pull it together and string a few of those nasty, hard-nosed performances together, look out!

I’m very hopeful ... just not optimistic. But that’s part of what makes March Madness great. You never know what will happen.
Not to be a downer but GW said they wanted the sec championship more than anything but we lost by 20 and while I didn't watch the entire thing due to work, a lot of people on here said we gave up and looked lazy so idk what to think at this point

Uhhh, we got blown out by Auburn ... twice.

Okay.....Annnnd what exactly is your point? We lost to Auburn so we can't beat any of those other teams? I guess beating Kentucky twice, Ole Miss, Miss State twice, Gonzaga, and all those other Q1 wins was a fluke. I forgot how bipolar some people are after a loss. It's like screw the rest of the entire season lol

Because they shoot 3s and we can't defend them

That's not true in the least bit. Our defense wasn't the problem. We continued to give the ball up and didn't run anything remotely close to an offense. Keep giving teams like Auburn 3rd and 4th chances and they'll start hitting shots.

That's not true in the least bit. Our defense wasn't the problem. We continued to give the ball up and didn't run anything remotely close to an offense. Keep giving teams like Auburn 3rd and 4th chances and they'll start hitting shots.
#124 is 3 point defense. Opp shoots 33% against us. Yeah we arent good at 3 point D. Auburn shot over 37% from 3 point range against us.

#124 is 3 point defense. Opp shoots 33% against us. Yeah we arent good at 3 point D. Auburn shot over 37% from 3 point range against us.

We allow opponents to shoot 33.7 which is better than the national average, however we’ve given up 812 attempts which is in the bottom 15% nationally...THAT is the issue.

VN Store

Back