Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey(Transfer portal)

What makes you think he’s this lower division Moses ready to lead us to the Promised Land? Be honest…had you even heard his name a week ago?

We don't have to have a guy that's going to be All-SEC. We just need someone marginally better than what we have to make our defense just a little better.

If we can find our version of Chance Campbell it could be enough to swing a couple of games for us.

Doesn’t change his dimensions. Mebbe he’s an Owen Pappoe in the making but for a one year player? I’ll save my portal tears if we don’t participate.
“one year player” is the current way and it speeds up the rebuild. “One year player”/grad transfers are the only takes at this point since we are past the May 1 deadline. “One year player” allows us to keep recruiting fir a HUGE 2023 class. No tears here just curious why wouldn’t pursue….hopefully we are…if not I’m sure there are other reasons besides his less than ideal stature. LOL!

Reactions: jvols1999
“one year player” is the current way and it speeds up the rebuild. “One year player”/grad transfers are the only takes at this point since we are past the May 1 deadline. “One year player” allows us to keep recruiting fir a HUGE 2023 class. No tears here just curious why wouldn’t pursue….hopefully we are…if not I’m sure there are other reasons besides his less than ideal stature. LOL!
I’m not impressed with him. I hope we fail to land this one. 😴

We don't have to have a guy that's going to be All-SEC. We just need someone marginally better than what we have to make our defense just a little better.

If we can find our version of Chance Campbell it could be enough to swing a couple of games for us.
If Madre London had been a FCS All-American instead of a Michigan State backup RB, would that have made the waste of a roster spot more palatable? If the coaches go for this player, then I’ll change my meh rating. If they don’t? Next!

Reactions: BigSteve09
If Madre London had been a FCS All-American instead of a Michigan State backup RB, would that have made the waste of a roster spot more palatable? If the coaches go for this player, then I’ll change my meh rating. If they don’t? Next!
Good call Butch! Lol

Reactions: jvols1999
I feel the same way.

Some of these guys that are testing the portal right now are getting insane attention. Look at this guy's mentions, you'd think he's a 5-star

Had you heard of Jared Verse or Isaiah Neyor? Of course you hadn't. What's that have to do with anything?

And if London had been an FCS All-American (like Ramon Jefferson) I would've felt it less likely he was a going to be a bust. Oh, and London was a one-year rental in a world in which every initial counter mattered. Not the case this year. So, like your other straw man about who I'd heard of previously, this is apples to oranges.

Pretty clear you don't care, congrats on your opinion.

Reactions: Walkman
Had you heard of Jared Verse or Isaiah Neyor? Of course you hadn't. What's that have to do with anything?

And if London had been an FCS All-American (like Ramon Jefferson) I would've felt it less likely he was a going to be a bust. Oh, and London was a one-year rental in a world in which every initial counter mattered. Not the case this year. So, like your other straw man about who I'd heard of previously, this is apples to oranges.

Pretty clear you don't care, congrats on your opinion.
You might want to wait til after they receive their golden jackets before you use them as examples. I have more faith they’ll be breakout players than whoever this guy is, but likewise I didn’t know who the hell they were this time last year…and they haven’t played a down in this one!

The guy had 100+ tackles and was an All-American. We know he isn't Al Wilson, but he obviously knows how to get to the ball and has ambitions this year. Some of these portal guys have something to prove and think they haven't been on the stage to show it yet. That's a powerful motivator.

If he's just out there taking offers to milk it, then whatever. We have the resources to entertain players like this, if we think he's worth it I'm sure we'll make a move.
We don’t know what our coaches evaluations of this guys talent is….. they aren’t just going to take anyone…. People get enamored with transfers but a high % of them prove to be marginal players at their new school…. I hope our coaches are able to evaluate and get some that can play.

You might want to wait til after they receive their golden jackets before you use them as examples. I have more faith they’ll be breakout players than whoever this guy is, but likewise I didn’t know who the hell they were this time last year…and they haven’t played a down in this one!

Think we've reached the conclusion of this discussion, appreciate your input. Have a great day.

We don’t know what our coaches evaluations of this guys talent is….. they aren’t just going to take anyone…. People get enamored with transfers but a high % of them prove to be marginal players at their new school…. I hope our coaches are able to evaluate and get some that can play.
Much better take!!! I trust that the coaches will make the right decision.

Did you watch the QB scrambles last year? What we got ain't all that impressive.
Need improvement everywhere.
This kid aint it...

Mitchell staying healthy with Banks is a good tandem.
Herring looks to suprise. Need to see Garland try and get a spot. Beasley needs to stay on the bench- far too passive and inconsistent.

Yeah we have bodies but not a lot of quality.
Probably a true freshman starts next season...

Need improvement everywhere.
This kid aint it...

Mitchell staying healthy with Banks is a good tandem.
Herring looks to suprise. Need to see Garland try and get a spot. Beasley needs to stay on the bench- far too passive and inconsistent.

Yeah we have bodies but not a lot of quality.
Probably a true freshman starts next season...
Totally agree on Beasley. He actually looked scared to hit the QBs in both Kentucky and Ole Miss games.

VN Store

Back