Destiny Salary in the Transfer portal

....and the rosy as they seem refers to what? A guy, someone she thought was a friend, a team mate who's outward appearance is different than her private one? You don't know. That is a fact and maybe she did chose her words wisely from her perspective about what she was referring to. Get off your judgemental high horse until you know the facts.
Don't know what you're talking to me about because I didn't judge her on anything.

Social Media Rule #1: If you don't want speculation, then don't post cryptic statements. Otherwise, you have close to a 100% chance of being misinterpreted.

I hate to see her go. She had a lot of potential,. I hope all works out for her down the road.

This has a lot of trouble putting points on the board. It may pan out later, but when things need to happen every year and players come ang go as they can and now do, very few teams can or will wait on potential to pan out. She taking her potential and going will not hurt in the environment the exists in the game nowadays. The game is no about "NOW" not what could be down the road. This day and time in the game, "down the road" is next season.

1. Recruits, players, and their families should ignore this forum and all social media posts about them because it doesn’t matter what posters say.
2. All teams have “fans” who say crap about coaches and players. Transferring because of what a few “fans” say won’t get you away from criticism.
3. The majority of regular posters in this forum, including those who claim to be coaches or who are coaches, think they know everything about basketball, training, coaching, and playing when they know very little. They’re incapable of thinking to logical conclusions.
4. The majority of regular posters in this forum are only interested in their own subjective viewpoints.
5. The majority of regular posters in this forum have no lives, which is why they post here almost every day.
6. Sometimes, people know details that would explain a situation, but they can’t share them, so they post generalizations.

Best of luck to Destiny. She’s a fine young player who will land on her feet. Whatever the reason for her transfer, I hate to see her go.

This has a lot of trouble putting points on the board. It may pan out later, but when things need to happen every year and players come ang go as they can and now do, very few teams can or will wait on potential to pan out. She taking her potential and going will not hurt in the environment the exists in the game nowadays. The game is no about "NOW" not what could be down the road. This day and time in the game, "down the road" is next season.

Note every freshman is going to be Holdsclaw, Catchings or Page Bueckers.

Rae Burrell was NOTHING but potential as a freshman. And at top schools, or schools aspiring to get back to the top, the game has always been about NOW but recruiting and development of freshman players is about preparing for the future and building a program.

This was in an article Maria just published for 247sports about the Lady Vols. “The end-of-season interviews between the head coach and players are underway, and it is during those meetings that both sides discuss the past year and any expectations going forward. In general, it is worth noting that not all decisions to leave are expected, and situations can develop before and/or within those meetings that determine next steps on both sides.”

Surprising that these discussions are just now underway as reported there. Delays don’t help the kids that may want to enter the portal. Nor is it helpful in pursuing transfers to not be clear on spots (e.g. UL grabbing two solid players just 2 days after season end).

Surprising that these discussions are just now underway as reported there. Delays don’t help the kids that may want to enter the portal. Nor is it helpful in pursuing transfers to not be clear on spots (e.g. UL grabbing two solid players just 2 days after season end).

Completely agree. Exit interviews should have happened within days of the end of the season. WTF is she waiting for?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Completely agree. Exit interviews should have happened within days of the end of the season. WTF is she waiting for?

On what basis do you say the interviews should have been concluded within a few days after end of season? Not challenging you, just want to understand the norm in the profession. Is that the established normal MO?

Note every freshman is going to be Holdsclaw, Catchings or Page Bueckers.

Rae Burrell was NOTHING but potential as a freshman. And at top schools, or schools aspiring to get back to the top, the game has always been about NOW but recruiting and development of freshman players is about preparing for the future and building a program.

I agree. Salary is a good athlete who lacks developed basketball skills, as others have pointed out. But given her excellent size and length and athleticism, she was a good candidate to develop. And with four years of eligibility remaining, there was time to develop her and then time to get the benefit of it. We could think of it as if we were locking up a recruit a year or two away that had a reasonable chance of contributing heavily when she arrived. BTW, for those reasons, I doubt Harper asked her to leave.

On what basis do you say the interviews should have been concluded within a few days after end of season? Not challenging you, just want to understand the norm in the profession. Is that the established normal MO?

He's just throwing shade on Kellie. He has no idea when interviews are held. If she had done it 2 weeks ago, he would have implied it was too early. No matter what
Kellie does, Darth will find fault. It's what he does. I'm sure he is trying the best he can.....

I agree. Salary is a good athlete who lacks developed basketball skills, as others have pointed out. But given her excellent size and length and athleticism, she was a good candidate to develop. And with four years of eligibility remaining, there was time to develop her and then time to get the benefit of it. We could think of it as if we were locking up a recruit a year or two away that had a reasonable chance of contributing heavily when she arrived. BTW, for those reasons, I doubt Harper asked her to leave.
That's why I think it's hopelessly optimistic to think that incoming freshmen WILL be impact players right away. Maybe if they are a can't miss top 5 prospect, but the general rule of thumb has been that freshmen need time to adjust to the college game. Rae Burrell averaged 3.6 ppg and with 32% FG, 22% 3FG and 59% FT as a freshman compared to 16.8 ppg with 46% FG, 40% 3FG and 83% FT as a junior. Were here freshman #'s that different from Salary's?

I think Destiny will ultimately become a good player wherever she lands. Maybe not an AA, but a good enough talent to make a positive impact to the team. All the people saying she's not SEC ready could very well end up being wrong as she continues to develop her game.

Realistically, the incoming freshmen are more likely to follow a similar pattern as Rae and will have similar freshmen stats as opposed to Paige-like numbers.

This may be an expriement. Horston has the same size as rennia almost and was our best defensive guard on the team . I enjoyed hearing her say "Gimmie dat SHHH" after her amazing blocks !

Here's my thinking: We need a deadly outside shooter on the wing opposite Burrell, and Horston is not that. Her 2 pt shooting is 37%, and her three is 28%. If she moves to the four, and we have a deadly outside shooter ready to start next season (big if), it would clear the way for that player. She's 6-2 listed and long, and a leaper and a strong athlete. So she will play taller than 6-2, I think, and she wouldn't be out-strengthed in the hgh post. I'm guessing it would be easier for her to get better at those 10-15' jump shots than at the arc. She's a strong rebounder, too. And she can pass the ball - maybe the best on the team. I could see her as a point forward type, distributing from the center of the offense. She also blocks a lot of shots for a perimeter player, and would be a stong defender there, too.

I haven't seen Keyen play there, and she might be better. So I might be all wet here. but maybe it will be looked at in the off season.

Here's my thinking: We need a deadly outside shooter on the wing opposite Burrell, and Horston is not that. Her 2 pt shooting is 37%, and her three is 28%. If she moves to the four, and we have a deadly outside shooter ready to start next season (big if), it would clear the way for that player. She's 6-2 listed and long, and a leaper and a strong athlete. So she will play taller than 6-2, I think, and she wouldn't be out-strengthed in the hgh post. I'm guessing it would be easier for her to get better at those 10-15' jump shots than at the arc. She's a strong rebounder, too. And she can pass the ball - maybe the best on the team. I could see her as a point forward type, distributing from the center of the offense. She also blocks a lot of shots for a perimeter player, and would be a stong defender there, too.

I haven't seen Keyen play there, and she might be better. So I might be all wet here. but maybe it will be looked at in the off season.
A big compliment to Jordan that she can really play 1 through 4. So excited to see where and how she plays next year. I just see a great year ahead for her. She, Key and Rae together can cause a lot of trouble 😁.

Rae shoots 40% from deep. How is that not deadly?

I don't like Jordan at the 4. I think they need some bulk and a consistent midrange shot.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

We really need Jordan to become a better shooter over the summer. It will happen if she works at it. Whether she plays four, three, two, or one. 37 and 28 just not starting shooting percentages.

VN Store

Back