Destiny 2 (PS4 PS4 Pro Xbone PC)

Can't imagine how many would have logged in if the servers actually worked or if they had new content. ;)
Was frustrating for sure, reminded me of Rise of Iron release day and Destiny 2 launch night. They seem to have got their **** together now.

So was on Xbox Marketplace last night searching through free to play games...and Destiny 2 is on their so I downloaded it. When did it become free to play?

So was on Xbox Marketplace last night searching through free to play games...and Destiny 2 is on their so I downloaded it. When did it become free to play?
Base game became free to play when Shadowkeep dropped. That would be all of the expansion up to Forsaken I believe. Still have to pay for Shadowkeep and the seasons if you want to partake in them.

Its called New Light and you get a ton with it.

Destiny 2
New Light is free-to-play and essentially offers access to everything you need to enjoy Shadowkeep.

• Starting Power Level: 750
  • Year 1 Exotics
  • Free roam to all areas of the game.
  • Three Campaigns: The Red War, Curse of Osiris, Warmind
  • Additional Activities: Black Armory Forges, Gambit Prime, the Menagerie
  • Modes: Year 1 Nightfals, Gambit, Gambit and Crucible Private Matches
  • Crucible: All playlists, seasonal updates, crucible weapons and gear.
  • Year 1 Raids and their associated gear.
  • Strikes: Strike Playlist, direct launch Year 1 strikes, Vanguard weapons and gear
  • Events: Iron Banner, Festival of the Lost, Dawning, Crimson Days Revelry, Solstice of Heroes.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
So...I saw that Bungie has parted ways with Activision....is this free to play model something they're going to keep doing with future Destiny titles?

So...I saw that Bungie has parted ways with Activision....is this free to play model something they're going to keep doing with future Destiny titles?

You know, they really should re-name the "Free To Play" model to "Free To Start." Sure, the base game is free but all the expansions aren't. Shadowkeep is the price of full freaking game at 59.99! Is it worth that price? I don't know I haven't bought it. I just now bought the previous expansion Forsaken at 24.99.

You know, they really should re-name the "Free To Play" model to "Free To Start." Sure, the base game is free but all the expansions aren't. Shadowkeep is the price of full freaking game at 59.99! Is it worth that price? I don't know I haven't bought it. I just now bought the previous expansion Forsaken at 24.99.

If you buy the deluxe that comes with 3 DLC seasons. Scoffing at the free content that Bungie is giving you with New Light seems a bit laughable......there is so much content there. They gave you all the year one expansion stuff for free and you are not locked out of stuff like crucible or even the Moon. Not to mention, forsaken at 24.99 is with all its DLC as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Any PS4 players looking for a clan? No new light players unless you are interested in investing into the game so you can run raids.

Hadn't played this game in over a year. Booted up last night and played for over 4 hours. I forgot how much fun it is.

Figured I would jump back on and see what’s going on... won’t load keeps giving me error code toad ....

If I want to get back into this game, where do i begin? Played a little this week but I’m not sure what I should be doing exactly.

What's the last thing you did?
I don't remember exactly. Probably haven't played regularly since somewhere along the way in Forsaken. Never really did the Black Armory stuff -- around that time I believe is when I kinda lost track of what was going on. I did have one character at 900ish so I've played some since then, I don't recall what exactly, though.

While I've had some downtime I managed to get a character to 920 just doing the seasonal stuff and some iron banner. I've read about vex offensive, menagerie, sun dial and stuff like that, along with obelisks, but I haven't done any of those, nor do I fully understand them yet. lol.

I don't remember exactly. Probably haven't played regularly since somewhere along the way in Forsaken. Never really did the Black Armory stuff -- around that time I believe is when I kinda lost track of what was going on. I did have one character at 900ish so I've played some since then, I don't recall what exactly, though.

While I've had some downtime I managed to get a character to 920 just doing the seasonal stuff and some iron banner. I've read about vex offensive, menagerie, sun dial and stuff like that, along with obelisks, but I haven't done any of those, nor do I fully understand them yet. lol.
Yeah, I haven't done anything this season yet. Might get into it this weekend.

Reactions: Freak

VN Store

Back