Designated Injured player

computergeekvol

I feel like this flop thing has gotten out of control and there doesn't seem to be any design to stop this behavior. I wish one of the teams that employ the hurry up offense would bring this issue to light by having a defensive player designated to drop to the field after every play for a full game. I think maybe the NCAA would have to find a way to stop this behavior.

I feel like this flop thing has gotten out of control and there doesn't seem to be any design to stop this behavior. I wish one of the teams that employ the hurry up offense would bring this issue to light by having a defensive player designated to drop to the field after every play for a full game. I think maybe the NCAA would have to find a way to stop this behavior.

đź’Ż

Ummm… I think that was tried last night.

Its definitely gotten out of hand. I think they should be held out for the remainder of that series or for 5-10 minutes as a protocol for safety. That would help a lot

I think an injured player should miss the series and the next series. I would put an exception in for captains who should have to sit the next 2 plays. (Captains aren't a part of the problem because they are too valuable on the field to flop, and you would hate to see a captain get the breath knocked out of them and miss that much action.)

Here is my thinking

If they have to stop the clock for a defensive player, he can not play the remainder of the possession.

If they have to stop the clock for a defensive player a 2nd time, he can not play the remainder of the possession and the next possession

If it happens a 3rd time (I'm looking at you Mr. Faker #44), then he can not play the remainder of the game.

This is a walk-on role I could fill. I will sell the heck out of it too.

That or if you're injured 2 times in a qtr you sit for a half to rehydrate or seek proper medical treatment.

Being 18 rows behind the Ole Miss bench, this was a well coordinated effort. You could tell the plays in which there was going to be an "injury" by the positioning of their Grad Assistant. He was the one who would give the signal for when to go down. The funny thing was there was a couple of times when multiple players began to look at each to determine who would take the fall.

The players would come off the field, give him a high five, get a sip, and then be back in the next available play.

With that being said, we did it a few times as well but we weren't nearly as smooth or coordinated as Ole Miss.

I think something like...3 or 4 defensive injuries per half...all injuries after that the team can either burn a time out or take a 5 yard delay of game penalty...a player hurt and out remainder of game would not count as your 3 or 4 per half

Reactions: captainsword
Just have some scrubs study the James Brown cape routine. Make a mockery of the whole thing.

3X4aH0.gif

Reactions: feathersax
If I had been on the field last night, some of the Ole Miss players would have been going down for real.

If it’s done to throw a team out of rhythm and it keeps happening, it should be a unsportsmanlike penalty. Especially if it keeps happening like it did last night. You could maybe even call a delay of game penalty to kind of warn a team before you call the unsportsmanlike penalty.

I think a threat of a 15 yard unsportsmanlike would probably stop the bs.

Last edited:
Jonathan Crompton said every team does it. He even said there are team meetings designating certain players to flop when called upon to do so.

There should be a new injury protocol. If a player goes down causing a delay in game-play; that player is ineligible for the remainder of the quarter or a specific timeframe.

Think that would stop a lot of the nonsense.

VN Store

Back