Derrick Webb '09 LB

Committed to Colorado. Still has visits to both Kentucky and UT however he hasn't been offered by us. Makes me wonder if he didn't feel the need to commit to someone.

Webb was scheduled to visit Kentucky and Tennessee the next two weeks, but he decided to commit to the Buffaloes before heading home.

"They were excited when I committed, they were fired up," Webb said. "They showed me a lot of love. We are all ready to get things started. A lot of the staff felt like that was a good move for Colorado and Colorado can't fare much better. I feel good about how they feel about me coming in and being part of the Colorado team.

"I was impressed with how everyone gels at Colorado and I gelled together with everyone that I met in the two days while I was out there. We just had a good time. I like the people there at Colorado. I feel like it will be a good place for me."

Buffs pledge Derrick Webb not done yet

Outside linebacker Derrick Webb has committed to Colorado but is still considering other programs, the Commercial Appeal reports.

He said, "I'm pretty solid with Colorado right now, but I would like to take my visits and pretty much enjoy the rest of the recruiting process."

Webb still has visits planned for Kentucky and Tennessee, "That's the confusing part about it, because, of course, Colorado doesn't want me to take any more visits. They don't want anybody else to come in and get me."

Yes Boulder is beautiful, I went to school there before transferring to UT.

If he is serious about football though, Colorado is pathetic when it comes to all football related everything. Heck, I would stay at my place to watch UT on television rather than go to the CU games.

Anyways, what are opinions on Webb? He seems to have good speed which is what Monte's defense looks for in LB's right?

would be a nice pick up but doesn't change things much if we get this one or not. Hearing if we get him it will be in a combo deal

<!--Start Image--><script language="Javascript">document.write(insertImage('/IMAGES/Camper/PHOTO/DERRICKWEBB21JD08200.JPG', '', 0, 267, 200, 1, 'Webb still plans to sign a letter of intent with CU on Wednesday.', 'Rivals.com', 1233634880000, '', 1014, 'Align=Left'));</script><table width="208" align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="202">
DERRICKWEBB21JD08200.JPG
</td><td rowspan="3" width="6">
spacer1.gif
</td></tr><tr><td height="3">
spacer1.gif
</td></tr><tr><td align="center">Webb still plans to sign a letter of intent with CU on Wednesday.</td></tr></tbody></table><!-- End Image-->"They have a good program at Kentucky, it is a big college and they play in the SEC," Webb said. "I feel like they have some pretty good people on their coaching staff and I had a good time on my visit. We talked about Kentucky and me coming to Kentucky and all that, but I am still going to Colorado.

VN Store

Back