Derrick Walker

gunner

The Big Orange Gun
After the mugging in the first half by Kentucky, the Vols could have certainly used his physical presence and strength inside. Where has he been lately, I don’t recall seeing him play much but they need a big brute like him going forward if Alexander is going to keep getting abused on the inside.

In his short appearance last night when Herro missed the short jumper in the lane he ran from contact. He ran under the Goal and didn't even attempt to block out. Herro got an easy and 1 put back and that was all she wrote for Walker

Imo Fully is way ahead of walker. Walker isn't physical and doesn't need more playing time in close games.

Would have loved to have seen him play more in blow out games to develop and rest our bigs but he didn't

In his short appearance last night when Herro missed the short jumper in the lane he ran from contact. He ran under the Goal and didn't even attempt to block out. Herro got an easy and 1 put back and that was all she wrote for Walker

Imo Fully is way ahead of walker. Walker isn't physical and doesn't need more playing time in close games.

Would have loved to have seen him play more in blow out games to develop and rest out bigs but he didn't

I hope one day Walker learns to actually jump for a rebound to learn this is the way to improve his success at rebounding.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Fully as you call him as been a huge liability especially on offense most of the season for UT. He has played better lately but UT can’t count on him for quality minutes. I’d much rather see Walker, he has been solid most of the season for the Vols. The SC game on the road comes to mind with his inside presence. The Vols need a big physical center and they don’t have it in this roster.

unless Walker gets serious about wanting to play big time BBall, I don't see him ever contributing here. He avoids contact and doesn't go after rebounds. Pretty useless at this point of his career.

Fully as you call him as been a huge liability especially on offense most of the season for UT. He has played better lately but UT can’t count on him for quality minutes. I’d much rather see Walker, he has been solid most of the season for the Vols. The SC game on the road comes to mind with his inside presence. The Vols need a big physical center and they don’t have it in this roster.

Walker is a better back to the basket scorer but Much worse defender and rebounder imo

I guess my question is why are they not playing PJ Burns? Don't worry about the redshirt when you're trying to win a championship and our inside game is the weak link on is team when it comes to the bench

I guess my question is why are they not playing PJ Burns? Don't worry about the redshirt when you're trying to win a championship and our inside game is the weak link on is team when it comes to the bench
Maybe he’s behind Walker/Fulk?

I guess he’s not ready yet or at least I hope that’s the case, because Barnes has been slow to go to his bench in games. I just feel like there has to be a better answer than Fulkerson when Alexander isn’t getting it done or has fouled out. I like Walker but he has been awfully inconsistent at times.

Maybe he’s behind Walker/Fulk?
Hard to believe he's not at least ahead of Walker. I'm thinking CRB just wants to redshirt him and thought Fulk and Walker would be adequate enough off the bench. Going to be our downfall just like last year when Alexander got hurt in tourney. No bench depth.

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but Walker has not been a factor for almost the entire season. He has regressed from last year. He looks like he doesn't belong.

That's the frustration. He had a decent freshman season

Hard to believe he's not at least ahead of Walker. I'm thinking CRB just wants to redshirt him and thought Fulk and Walker would be adequate enough off the bench. Going to be our downfall just like last year when Alexander got hurt in tourney. No bench depth.

If Barnes thought he was ahead of those guys he wouldn’t be redshirting

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but Walker has not been a factor for almost the entire season. He has regressed from last year. He looks like he doesn't belong.

That's the frustration. He had a decent freshman season

And Fulkerson has been much worse, at least Walker can rebound. He has a physical presence that the Vols need under the basket, although he has been inconsistent. Fulkerson plays hard but he’s certainly not the physical presence they need in the post.

And Fulkerson has been much worse, at least Walker can rebound. He has a physical presence that the Vols need under the basket, although he has been inconsistent. Fulkerson plays hard but he’s certainly not the physical presence they need in the post.

Fulkerson is averaging 9.0 rebounds every 40 minutes this year. Walker is averaging 7.9 rebounds per 40 minutes.

Fulkerson is averaging 9.0 rebounds every 40 minutes this year. Walker is averaging 7.9 rebounds per 40 minutes.

Good for him, but his still a liability for this team in SEC games. Those stats are obvious skewed because of the easy non conference games.

I’d rather see a big kid like Walker on the floor getting those minutes. Fulkerson is just too soft and weak in the post to be effective in the SEC.

Regardless, of the skewed stats Walker is a bigger better player in the post and has a better physical presence than Fulkerson.

Reactions: Backwards K
Good for him, but his still a liability for this team in SEC games. Those stats are obvious skewed because of the easy non conference games.

I’d rather see a big kid like Walker on the floor getting those minutes. Fulkerson is just too soft and weak in the post to be effective in the SEC.

Regardless, of the skewed stats Walker is a bigger better player in the post and has a better physical presence than Fulkerson.

Skewed stats or facts? Coach Barnes prefers that Fulkerson gets the minutes.

Many on here have Fulk Derangement Syndrome.

Reactions: jp1 and VFL21

I certainly do. He’s a turnover machine on offense and a liability on defense.

Every time he gets in the game my 17 year old son laughs and says “oh no not him again”.

IMO, he’s clearly not a SEC caliber basketball player. He probably should be at MTSU.

Fulky does literally everything better than Walker right now. Just because he looks awkward doing it doesn’t make it false.

I certainly do. He’s a turnover machine on offense and a liability on defense.

Every time he gets in the game my 17 year old son laughs and says “oh no not him again”.

IMO, he’s clearly not a SEC caliber basketball player. He probably should be at MTSU.
Walker has the worst hands on the team. Fulkerson is longer, more athletic, can jump higher, better shot blocker, better rebounder, more post moves, better shooter/FT shooter, gives more effort, knows the offense and when and where to pass. The only thing Walker has going for him over Fulkerson is lbs.

Many on here tend give Fulky a lot more grief than he deserves. I sit at the games between 2 people with extreme views. One hates the sight of him going in while the other thinks all is fine, Fulky to the rescue. I for one don't cringe when he goes in. NO he is far from a starter, but I am sure Barnes knows what is best. Fulkerson brings some hustle and energy many times to games. I am sure if those he has guarded was honest, they would probably compare him to a dog gnat, seems insignificant unless it is flying around your ear and then would bug the pee out of you. He can be a threat at times because he can be overlooked when he is on offense. At least he will fight for a rebound when others tend not to. One thing you can say for the boy, he does give his all for Tennessee.

Reactions: TNgradmom and VFL21
All I know about Fulky and Walker, if we have to rely on them for significant minutes next year and they are still at this level of play.............. We are in deep ****

Reactions: TNgradmom

VN Store

Back