Derek Mason to South Carolina

VolInNW

Trapped in PAC 12 Country
Workin like heck to get better!!

Lookin fah-wahd, aight??

Uuuhhhhh, we will done real gud this fall, uuuhhhh, aight??

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
SIAP but looks like it’s basically a done deal. Wish we had an AD that would make a great hire like that. Yet we are stuck with Ansley.
Yea you know it’s funny.
Everyone wants to say Dooley was horrible, one of the worst UT coaches ever.

Yet On Dooleys staff was Ansley, who coached DB’s.. nobody back then said Ansley was so great.... in fact Ansley was part of Famous Sals horrible defense, worst at UT of all Time!

Now Ansley is back at UT As the DC, and he’s supposed to be some kind of guru all of a sudden... and we can all see he’s below average at best!!!

BreatheUT

Mason to SC. Good. Hard pass for the Vols. Vandy's defense has been a sieve. Mason was so full of gimmicks at the end that he brought in a girl and Vandy fans wonder how far back he set their program, and that's saying something.

JMSqb11

SIAP but looks like it’s basically a done deal. Wish we had an AD that would make a great hire like that. Yet we are stuck with Ansley.
I’d rather make a run at Muschamp over Mason any day of the week. Just makes more sense given Pruitt and Muschamp’s personal friendship.

Also I wouldn’t say we are stuck with Ansley. NFL season ends tomorrow and he may have some suitors.

Last edited:

BreatheUT

I’d rather make a run at Muschamp over Mason any day of the week. Just makes more sense given Pruitt and Muschamp’s personal friendship.
I don't think Ansley is going anywhere but a co-defensive coordinator would do him some good.

I think Kevin Steele is out there as well.

JMSqb11

I don't think Ansley is going anywhere but a co-defensive coordinator would do him some good.

I think Kevin Steele is out there as well.
I think if Ansley leaves, its to go back to the pro's. Gruden and the Raiders have made and are making moves on defensive side of the ball.

I sorta hope Ansley does leave. The DC candidates out there are nice and I think Muschamp would likely come if even for a year or 2 with Pruitt coaching for his job given their personal relationship

VN Store

Sponsors