Depth Chart released

I know a lot of yall dont care about stars and recruiting ratings and rankings, but i do. here's the breakdown of the star count from 247

LT-Darnell Wright *****
C-Cooper Mays ****
LG- Jerome Carvin ****
RG-Javontez Spraggins ***
RG-Cade Mays *****
TE- Princeton Fant ***
WR- Velus Jones ***
WR- Jalin Hyatt ****
WR- Cedric Tillman ***
QB- Joe Milton ****
RB- Tiyon Evans ****
--------------------------
DE- Ja’Quain Blakely ***
DE- Tyler Baron ****
DT- Matthew Butler ***
DT- Elijah Simmons ***
LB-Juwan Mitchell ***
LB-Jeremy Banks ***
CB- Alontae Taylor ****
CB- Warren Burrell ***
STAR- Theo Jackson ***
S- Jaylen McCullough ****
S-Trevon Flowers ***

5*: 2
4*: 8
3*: 12

Reactions: ursaminotaur
On another note....I'm surprised not to see Keyton or Holiday on the WR depth chart...it says alot for Merrill IMO to be ahead of those guys despite being a true freshman and coming off of surgery
NPA guy. Really skilled and athletic.

LOL. Turnage left UGA because they refused to name him a starter. Looks like he is still second string.
Nope, he transferred from AL. You’re confusing him with a different guy. I know who you’re talking about but can’t remember the name

Edit: I stand corrected, no need to respond

Last edited:
I know a lot of yall dont care about stars and recruiting ratings and rankings, but i do. here's the breakdown of the star count from 247

LT-Darnell Wright *****
C-Cooper Mays ****
LG- Jerome Carvin ****
RG-Javontez Spraggins ***
RG-Cade Mays *****
TE- Princeton Fant ***
WR- Velus Jones ***
WR- Jalin Hyatt ****
WR- Cedric Tillman ***
QB- Joe Milton ****
RB- Tiyon Evans ****
--------------------------
DE- Ja’Quain Blakely ***
DE- Tyler Baron ****
DT- Matthew Butler ***
DT- Elijah Simmons ***
LB-Juwan Mitchell ***
LB-Jeremy Banks ***
CB- Alontae Taylor ****
CB- Warren Burrell ***
STAR- Theo Jackson ***
S- Jaylen McCullough ****
S-Trevon Flowers ***

5*: 2
4*: 8
3*: 12
Nice to see some of the 3 stars as the better players and starting ahead of 4 stars like Big O, Dominic Bailey, etc

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
And I don't know anything for sure. But they used him at WR and RB during the spring.

I think he's just an offensive weapon. Honestly Small and Wright looked like the best RBs in the spring. Evans is healthy now. Beckwith looked good too on short yardage and our wide.

Let's see how it plays out. I'd be shocked if Beckwith isn't utlized in some way.
The running back coach stated that Beckwith was still learning to play the position with pad level. He most likely will not see much time at running back. He probably should have moved to tight end. If he doesn't he most likely will transfer.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Need to find a way to get Baron and Young in the game at the same time. I would guess that they are our two best pass rushers and big play guys.

I wonder if Baron's frame could support the additional weight to play that strong side DE roll. I agree with a number of other posters, though, that the defensive line will sub quite a bit.

Reactions: VOLED
The running back coach stated that Beckwith was still learning to play the position with pad level. He most likely will not see much time at running back. He probably should have moved to tight end. If he doesn't he most likely will transfer.
Small- who has no coaches filter - said that Beckwith is a freak that can do anything.

Have you seen the starting Dline today? Who saw that coming? These coaches don't just give everything away.

At the same time Wright, Evans, and Small fit this offense perfectly.

Beckwith practiced at WR, TE, and RB last year. He had no objection to any of those positions. If the coaches felt he wasn't going to play at RB, don't you think they might of brought up moving to TE?

I could be wrong. But they used Beckwith a hell of lot during the spring. And not just running the football.

Small- who has no coaches filter - said that Beckwith is a freak that can do anything.

Have you seen the starting Dline today? Who saw that coming? These coaches don't just give everything away.

Beckwith practiced at WR, TE, and RB last year. He had no objection to any of those positions. If the coaches felt he wasn't going to play at RB, don't you think they might of brought up moving to TE?

I could be wrong. But they used Beckwith a hell of lot during the spring. And not just running the football.
I guess we shall see as the season goes what happens with Beckwith. I can only go by what I've heard from coaches and reporters.

Reactions: LittleVol

And yes I seen the defensive line. I was really surprised Simmons is starting but I like it. This group is really deep. We talked about this earlier the linebackers scare the hell out of me

VN Store

Back